Dark Knight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I saw it twice also, and I actually liked it better the second time. I think it's because I was really tired on my first viewing though. I went to a midnight Thursday showing. I caught more of the plot details the second time around, especially the part where the guy goes on the talk show and then the Joker calls in and tells people to kill him within an hour or else a hospital will be blown up. I was a little fuzzy on what was going on there the first time around

this is verry true. the second time i saw it i understood the plot alot better. especially in the hospital part of the movie. like when the cop was going to kill someone in the same car as him.

i think the best part is when the joker does blow up the hospital and hes walking away and turns around like WTF??? then presses the button like 10 times then it goes up that was funny stuff

i think the best part is when the joker does blow up the hospital and hes walking away and turns around like WTF??? then presses the button like 10 times then it goes up that was funny stuff
:ditto:

and the gown he was wearing made me crack up...

I liked the way he smiled and said "hi" after he sat down in Harvey's room and took his mask off, good little improv there...

i'm still sad there won't be more movies with ledger.. has anyone heard if they were planning on more movies with joker? it seems to be that way with the ending like it was..

i don't see anybody playing the character as good as that though.. i guess we'll see.

i'm still sad there won't be more movies with ledger.. has anyone heard if they were planning on more movies with joker? it seems to be that way with the ending like it was..

i don't see anybody playing the character as good as that though.. i guess we'll see.

Yeah, I think they were hoping to have the Joker play a part in future movies, since they didn't kill him off in this one, and because he made that remark about "I think you and I are destined to do this forever."

I'm glad they did it that way too. I never liked how they killed him off in Tim Burton's Batman movie. Batman and Joker are supposed to be arch enemies, so keeping him alive to come back for a future installment was definitely the right way to go, in my opinion.

As for recasting him, yeah it really does suck that Ledger won't be around to play him, but then again, all the Batman fanboys flipped out when he was announced as the Joker, but look how good he did with it. I think somebody else could do a pretty good take on it as well. I'd nominate Daniel Day Lewis, except he's pretty damn old at this point so I don't know if that would really work. He has that crazy method actor mentality about him though, so I think he could probably pull it off.

What I wonder though, is would they have somebody try to emulate Ledger's Joker, or would they allow somebody to put a new spin on him?

Depp is a weird enough SOB to pull it off

I agree. I think he could do well with it. Rumors are flying though that he's going to be offered the part of the Riddler for the next one. They haven't even officially announced another sequel though, so who knows if the rumors have any validity at all... :shrug2:

Depp 100%. He can pull some crazy shit. I'd love to see his portrayal of the joker.

I agree. I think he could do well with it. Rumors are flying though that he's going to be offered the part of the Riddler for the next one. They haven't even officially announced another sequel though, so who knows if the rumors have any validity at all... :shrug2:
i think depp would be a better riddler, he doesnt even have much to compete with as jim carey was an epic fail at that role. IMO ledgers joker came from left field, i didnt think hes was gunna be very good but holy shit he rocked it. oh yea and knights tale is still a badass movie haha

i think depp would be a better riddler, he doesnt even have much to compete with as jim carey was an epic fail at that role. IMO ledgers joker came from left field, i didnt think hes was gunna be very good but holy shit he rocked it. oh yea and knights tale is still a badass movie haha

:werd:

I liked Jim Carrey, but I hated him as the Riddler. The Riddler is supposed to be crazy intelligent and devious. Carrey just hammed it up and played it like another Joker-esque character. Come to think of it, Tommy Lee Jones did the same thing with Two-Face.

Damn, that movie just blew ass... :(

I agree that Depp would probably give Ledger a run for his money if he was given a chance to portray The Joker. Who knows though, a sequel hasn't even been announced. But since the movie did so well (top 3 of all time ~ $442M) I don't see why they wouldn't sign on for another.

I agree that Depp would probably give Ledger a run for his money if he was given a chance to portray The Joker. Who knows though, a sequel hasn't even been announced. But since the movie did so well (top 3 of all time ~ $442M) I don't see why they wouldn't sign on for another.

Oh, no doubt. I'd be really surprised if there isn't a sequel. Bale, Caine, and Oldman are all signed for three movies, so even if Nolan didn't decide to do another one (and I don't know why he wouldn't), I'm sure there will be at least one more sequel from this Batman series.

My prediction is that Nolan will go direct something else in the meantime (like he did with the Prestige) and then come back and do a final Batman movie...

yeah I was late on seeing it. I thought it was mostly hype, and the trailers never really got me into to movie. I thought all the Heath Ledger award winning talk was only becuase of his death, but I was dead wrong.

If he is nominated for an award I will have no objection to it, his joker was dead on.
He really creaped me out with his story of his scare the first time to the black ganster with the knife in his mouth, "WHY so Serious?"
tdk-dec14-why-so-serious-poster.jpg

He really creaped me out with his story of his scare the first time to the black ganster with the knife in his mouth, "WHY so Serious?"[/IMG]

I like his answer in that scene to the guy who called him insane. Just a flat deadpan "No, I'm not." And moves on. :eek:

Back