Darn FURNACE!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

ughh... about 4:45 this morning i'm like "hmm... bit chilly in here... lets go tap up the thermostat.."

So I tap it up... No furnace click. :ph34r: Hmmm... Maybe its too high up to temp... I hear the heaters clanking from water moving... :confused:

So I go to check... Temp is 180... Furnace should have kicked on... WTF? Breaker is popped? :dry:

Reset the breaker... Blower comes on... But no BOOM of fuel igniting... :confused:

Pull the nozzle assembly out and trip it again to see if fuel is coming out... Nope. :mad:

Well maybe the nozzle got clogged again (Happened about a month ago.. Replaced the nozzle.).. I got a spare.. So I go out into the FREEZING COLD workshop.. Keep in mind that it is SO COLD that the flourescent lights in my shop won't turn on... Only flicker... I grab my wrenches from the toolbox, and they freeze to my hand.. :dry:

Taking apart the nozzle... I say to myself "dont bend the wrench against that... *SNAP* ignitor coil" :mad: :cry:

So I broke the ignitor coil... Fuckit.. HAVE to wait for the plumbing store to open now... Might as well see if it was the nozzle anyways... Take off the nozzle... and not much fuel underneath... GREAATTTT... Frozen fuel lines... :mad: :mad: :mad:

So now i gotta call up my neighbor to borrow his pancake compressor so I can purge the lines, wait for Home Depot to open to dump some kerosene into the tank, and wait for the plumbing supply store to open up to replace the ignitor I broke... :cry:

WHAT A FUCKING DAY!!!! And its only 6:30 am!! Nobody better piss me off at work today... Or I might just go Half Baked on them... Or Office Space... Not sure which... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ouch, dude, that sucks.

I came home to a dead auto-igniter on the furnace in my attic. 54 degrees in the house, and it was my bedtime. :cry:

Called the warrenty place I have, $45 and 2 hours later, she's toasty. :)

Borrowed my neighbor's pancake compressor, blew air through the lines... Fuel came GUSHING back out... Clog's gone!! :) Didn't even have to reprime the system!!

$100 later it will be running... Just bought everything... gotta wait for my hands to thaw to fix the ignitor (electrodes)... I'm pointy typing right now my hands are so cold... LOL!

$40 in Kerosene
$15 in Fuel Treatment & AntiGel
$18 for electrodes
$14 for 2 Kerosene jugs
$15 for Aluminum Heat Tape (Want to wrap the motor while im at it to prevent leaks)...

OWW!!! My hands are starting to tingle! They are thawing!!!

sounds like you'll have things up and running in no time :thumbsup:

Nothing like firing up a furnace for the first time after it misfired 3 times... Flames in the stove pipe give ya a bit of a scare... LOL!

this may be the only reason why electric heat > oil heat. lol

which is why i said, this is probably the only reason why electric > oil.
theres really not much to break...

That blows ass. A while ago, my house's hot water tank took a shit. 6" of water came in the garage, but thankfully I'm on a hill so I just pushed it out....

But then the real funhappened and we didn't have hot water for 1 week. Talk about getting used to cold showers shit......I hate cold showers.

Cold showers bring you back to those prison days slammed? LOL

Chris... My furnace is OLD... 50 years old... This summer I had to replace the blower motor... had a dead spot on it... So now its got a new filter, new nozzle, new electrode, new blower motor... Hopefully i'm good for awhile..

Eventually i'd love to put a new furnace in... But a garage is more important... :cool: I was gonna try and have a conversation with my dad today...
Me: Can I have $20k?
Him: WTF for?
Me: Well my oil tank froze last night..
Him: And its $20k to fix it?
Me: No.. Its $20k to build the garage to surround it so it doesnt happen again... :laugh:

I'd love to see the look on his face... But he seemed kinda grumpy this morning...

oil tanks for my house are outside. kinda, they are under a porch but still exposed to the temp/wind.

be thankful you can work on the furnace yourself.

been there...done that....

Lowes has a gas furnace for about $1500....get another $100-200 in tools and pipe...and convert to gas.

My old furnace and tank is still in the basement....along with a new furnace I installed last year....

And this year...the house has been nice and cozy all the time.

I have an extra gas heater....the ones you see hanging in department stores with the big fan on them...it's kinda new and used only a year....perfect for a huge garage or a small house... $300 sound good?

I was going to plumb it into the garage...but I got lazy and never got around to installing it.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...9473&hl=furnace :ph34r:
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...0657&hl=furnace :ph34r:

i would say any place that doesn;t have a FULL basement the tank is usually outside...

I have an extra gas heater....the ones you see hanging in department stores with the big fan on them...it's kinda new and used only a year....perfect for a huge garage or a small house... $300 sound good?
you selling this?
runs on propane?

If it can run on false promises, lies and malintent I would run it in my house. Do they have a convertor ?

Also, Noah... you gotta change this topic man. This site is ok for my screen at work, but that title is killing me with my walk-bys.

Also, my gateway is catching it and logging it by window title. Not that it matters, I am the admin :)

Back