darn junk yard man!!!! grrrrrrr!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zone90cb7lx

just a noob...
so i went junk yard hopping, for a place that has 40-50 cb7's, no joke, really that many. i was in heaven, i went shopping wrote down a list of what i wanted, a6 conversion parts, found a dc header and full exhaust, fuel rails, cams, cam gears, alot of these looked brand freakin new.....so i go up to the dude to buy the parts with a huge smile on my face and a fist full of cash. the dude says to me "you have to buy the motors from those cars to get those parts, $400 each" WTF!!!!! oh man i was so pissed. he wouldn't eve let me take the header and exhaust off....ugh...so fustrated... i argued, pleaded, and just about begged.... he had about as many cb7's as there were other cars combined...i wanna mention his name and say plenty of bad things, but im not going to go there....

A junk yard that is going to charge me $400 for a motor is one that I would stay away from completely anyway.

Sux man.

i even offered to pay 100 bucks more just for the parts i wanted, he looked at me like I was dumb... i wont let me swap part to get one good engine either....

junkyards are shady like that. i had to pay $15 for a 3 inch blinker socket and pigtail. so pissed.

i know this will probably not phase him but im going back there next monday with a whole work check cashed in my hand and be like ur a fuckin idiot i WAS goin to spend cash in ur store....

they don't part motors unless the engine is junk...they'll just sell the accessories off them (alt/distributor/AC comp/ect)

take the fuel rail off and now you've got holes for water to get in...so now you've lost $400 to make $20 on a rail...people/shops don't want motors missing shit and they won't let you swap the parts out becasue you might fuck up the motor (then they sell it and it comes back under warranty...and they have to deal w/the douche customer who doesn't understand what "used" really means)

thats how it works (former employee)

...but the dud literaly has like 40 of them, i stopped counting at 42...there were even ones with valve covers off and other parts off were you could see the eternals just waiting to be plucked.... but i do understand what you mean hosmer, but dam.....

plus 400 for a f22a6 motor? they dont even for that much on ebay refurbished

Yup its the same deal around here. We have a yard that has mostly intact cars that you have to buy the whole motor. And right across the street they have a you-pull-it type of yard where you can pull all the rusted pistons and cranks you want.

werd, havent found a pick ur part around here, mainly cuz the name them diffrent things and i havent hit the right name in my area when searching the web=/

NJ has next to none U-Pull Its. Last year some friends and I took a trip to the one we knew about only to find out it had been closed for 3 years.

is there anything in particular you are looking for? theres an ass of you pull its round here.. i could find what you need and ship it if you would like

well im looking for the IM, CAM, and ECU of an f22a6...possbly windage tray too...h23 upper plenum with TB...also looking for h22 or h23 MT trany lsd prefered,h22 prefered but what evers easier...alos any aftermarket stuff that doesnt look ebay lol was looking for a sending unit too but think im going to buy that new..., trunk tray...um idk what you would call it but theinside part of the roof, the ceiling i guess(laural blue or black...)...prelude trany mountthats just off the top of my head, but if you do happen to run into that stuff and i cant find it hear, id hook you up for your trouble...

what you would call it but theinside part of the roof, the ceiling i guess(laural blue or black...)

headliner? :eek:

i'll keep my eyes and ears out for that stuff, if i can get a hold of it i'll let ya know man

Back