dart block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

Is the dart block even worth the money..I know they run about $1800 and can handle more power than any sleeved block could...I was just curious if its a good build..Im in the processing of gather ing all my ideas and learning from you guys so i appreciate it...
steve

DUDE....just get an LS motor...put forged rods and pistons in it...find a t3 t4...use uberdata..and run 9 lbs of boost..you will make it to 200whp..and thats all u need...stop making so many threads.

Originally posted by CRXSI91@Apr 7 2005, 04:44 PM
DUDE....just get an LS motor...put forged rods and pistons in it...find a t3 t4...use uberdata..and run 9 lbs of boost..you will make it to 200whp..and thats all u need...stop making so many threads.
[post=484360]Quoted post[/post]​

you should stop being a dick. a lot of guys on here have a few setups in mind and might have questions about all of them. this is a tech site, so naturally people are gonna ask questions. If you have input for it, then give it, but dont be an ass about it.

Originally posted by senate_9427+Apr 7 2005, 05:54 PM-->
@Apr 7 2005, 04:44 PM

you should stop being a dick. a lot of guys on here have a few setups in mind and might have questions about all of them. this is a tech site, so naturally people are gonna ask questions. If you have input for it, then give it, but dont be an ass about it.
[post=484403]Quoted post[/post]​

im not being a dick,u need to shut the hell up,i told him what everyone else including a moderator told him to do...i just told him to stop making so many threads..because even he said he knows he keeps asking so many questions...what? just cus im not a moderator,that means im being a "dick" and u can just jump in threads and defend people? get the fuck outta here...i could understand if i dissed him,but i told him some pretty basic,and useful information...the same shit that was told to me by moderators,and experienced builders...so dont accuse me of shit,and get the fuck on with your "superman" wannabe rants.

but anyways..orosco like i was saying..just get an LS motor,and turbo it..you will gain some good power from it,and stomp a lot of people in the process...just watch out for the LSVT people.

Originally posted by orosco@Apr 7 2005, 04:10 PM
Is the dart block even worth the money..I know they run about $1800 and can handle more power than any sleeved block could...I was just curious if its a good build..Im in the processing of gather ing all my ideas and learning from you guys so i appreciate it...
steve
[post=484335]Quoted post[/post]​

DART is currently losing their collective asses on those. No one wants them for the price they are. Their pricing is comperable to sleeving a block if you know where to look.

Personally, if i built a boosted setup, i'd go with a DART block. But thats me, i like overdoing things.

DART obviously knows something, alot of "BIG KIDS" i.e. V8 guys that go really really fast, use DART or DART style blocks.

if you want an overboard build, that you arent gonna break, i'd go DART. but thats my personal opinion.

a dart block is no stronger than a sleeved honda block, really. plus, dart blocks are not honda blocks, so if you plan to race in a sanctioned event, you won't qualify.

i've see 900 hp b-series honda race motors. why spend the extra cash for a dart?

Just to give you some instight for a person driving a boosted LS.

Currently i'm runing a stock LS motor with a greddy 18G kit with a custom intercooler the the shitty ass blue box. You will be more then happy with a stock boosted LS motor. But if youwant to take the time and cash to build the block, Just make sure you don't hinder the cooling system with the sleves and you'll be able to runn the motor hard and long without any problems. Also don't think that you stock clutch will hold up. My clutch gave out on me 1 hr into my test drive so make sure you going wtih something that is torque rated for your set up.

Originally posted by CRXSI91+Apr 7 2005, 04:59 PM-->
Originally posted by senate_9427@Apr 7 2005, 05:54 PM
CRXSI91
@Apr 7 2005, 04:44 PM

[post=484403]Quoted post[/post]​

im not being a dick,u need to shut the hell up,i told him what everyone else including a moderator told him to do...i just told him to stop making so many threads..because even he said he knows he keeps asking so many questions...what? just cus im not a moderator,that means im being a "dick" and u can just jump in threads and defend people? get the fuck outta here...i could understand if i dissed him,but i told him some pretty basic,and useful information...the same shit that was told to me by moderators,and experienced builders...so dont accuse me of shit,and get the fuck on with your "superman" wannabe rants.

but anyways..orosco like i was saying..just get an LS motor,and turbo it..you will gain some good power from it,and stomp a lot of people in the process...just watch out for the LSVT people.
[post=484405]Quoted post[/post]​

Or a turboed GSR

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 8 2005, 02:54 PM
a dart block is no stronger than a sleeved honda block, really. plus, dart blocks are not honda blocks, so if you plan to race in a sanctioned event, you won't qualify.

i've see 900 hp b-series honda race motors. why spend the extra cash for a dart?
[post=484800]Quoted post[/post]​

whats the difference in cost of sleeving and a dart block?

300 shipping (times two, cause you gotta pay shipping both ways) plus to sleeve it you are looking at something in the neighborhood of $1000. correct me if i'm wrong.

now for a DART block, and i've seen DART blocks for about the same price, although i've seen some people selling them for 2200. just have to know where to look.

Originally posted by nismogod@Apr 9 2005, 09:10 AM
whats the difference in cost of sleeving and a dart block?

300 shipping (times two, cause you gotta pay shipping both ways) plus to sleeve it you are looking at something in the neighborhood of $1000. correct me if i'm wrong.
[post=485101]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're paying $300 each way to ship and $800 for the sleeve job, that's more like $1400, not $1000. :)

but don't forget--

the dart has NOTHING. you'll basically need to buy a shortblock on top of it to get all the misc parts, crank, etc to make it usable.

on that same token, you cant sleeve an engine if you dont have the engine already. so sleeved or DART you still have to had another engine to start with.

Back