1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dart Blocks

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Dman1100, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Dman1100

Dman1100 Senior Member

Are the b18 dart blocks really that much better than stock? I saw them for $2050 in a jcw catalog. What is the average price for a stock b18 block. Would the dart block be a good deal? It has bigger water jackets and has oil squirts too it says. Are they made of a different metal than stock?

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

The price is $1950 and that is JUST for the block, no head, no pistons, no crank, no oilpan, NOTHING.Dart Blocks

3. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

Dart crate motors start at 10,000 for complete.. haha.. b20vtec making 220whp.. so they claim.. dart blocks are very well known for their durability

4. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

yes buddy, Dart's are that good and yes it would be a good deal if you really want a crated block and have the cash for the rest of the build but theres probably a cheaper way to go about getting the durability of a dart for a honda.dart v-8's are killer mostly because the stock engines are sloppy in their tolerences and balance so its a a much bigger difference than a honda dart would be in my thinking.

but hey if you have a race car budget go for it,Dart is a good company with good customer support.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if i had to do it all over again, i'd be getting a bensons

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted