1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Darth Vader' spared jail in Jedi church attacks

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by nootrac22, May 15, 2008.

1. nootrac22

nootrac22 Well-Known Member VIP

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]HOLYHEAD[/FONT][/FONT], Wales (AP) - A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of a group calling itself the Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.
    Arwel Wynne Hughes, 27, attacked Jedi church founder Barney Jones - aka Master Jonba Hehol - with a metal crutch, hitting him on the head, prosecutors told Holyhead Magistrates' Court.
    He also whacked Jones' 18-year-old cousin, Michael Jones - known as Master Mormi Hehol - bruising his thigh in the March 25 incident, prosecutors said.
    The two cousins and Barney Jones' brother, Daniel, set up the Church of Jediism, Anglesey order, last year. Jedi is the faith followed by some of the central characters in the "[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Star[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Wars[/FONT][/FONT]" films.
    The group, which claims about 30 members, says on its Web site that it uses "insight and knowledge" from the films as "a guide to living a better and more worthwhile life."
    "We all love the films and what they stand for. Obviously some people are going to laugh about it," the on Sunday newspaper quoted Barney Jones as saying last month. "But a lot of people do take it seriously."
    Unfortunately for Hughes, his March attack was recorded on a [FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]video [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]camera[/FONT][/FONT] that the cousins had set up to film themselves in a light saber battle.
    "Darth Vader! Jedis!" Hughes shouted as he approached.
    Hughes claimed he couldn't remember the incident, having drunk the better part of a 2 1/2-gallon (10-liter) box of wine beforehand.
    "He knows his behavior was wrong and didn't want it to happen but he has no recollection of it," said Hughes' lawyer, Frances Jones.
    District Judge Andrew Shaw sentenced Hughes to two months in jail but suspended the sentence for one year. He also ordered Hughes to pay $195 to each of his victims and $117 in court costs. In the 2001 [FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]United [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]Kingdom[/FONT][/FONT] census, 390,000 - 0.7 percent of the population - listed Jedi as their religion

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:lmao: That story just made my day...

3. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

This is the coolest church EVER formed. I would join.

4. nootrac22

5. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

That last line does it for me.....0.7% of the UK population is Jedi :loL:

6. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

i would have used my Jedi mind tricks on him..

7. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Yeah no shit, you have the "force" and he has a crutch and he kicks your ass?:shrug:

8. nootrac22

and they were prepairing to film a lightsaber battle, so everyone should have been armed and ready for battle, I guess with the aid of all that darkside juice he drank vader was just to strong. I wonder if he made the lightsaber noise as he swung his crutch, or hummed vaders instrumential as he approached the "church"

9. efhondakid

:lolhammer:Darkside Juice.

10. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

1 person likes this.
  11. Jared759

Jared759 Well-Known Member VIP

Pretty good stuff.

Made me laugh.

12. efhondakid

What a bunch of goones.

13. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i can see how jedi would be a workable religion...its like moral athiests joined together (and its a FACT that there are a lot of those)...its cool as long as the force thing is not to be believed. Most churches are social events anyway, why not have a church for good hearted atheists....maybe b should join...pick up some nerdy chicks :)

14. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

i wonder what would have happened if i requested "jedi" for my religion on my dog tags.

15. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Not surprisingly, I believe in the Force more than the whole Jedi morality thing :)

The mitochondria / midichlorian horseshit made me cringe when they said it on screen.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted