Darts?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Anyone here into them at all?

I picked up a cheap bristleboard at a Big 5 the other day. I bought one since my Dad has one at his place and he always beats me, so now I can practice and maybe stand a chance to win.

I also ordered a cheaper set of darts, they're better than the ones the board came with. I think I might have gotten them a little heavier than I wanted. Anyways, I think its pretty fun. Good way to kill some time if nothing else.

My father has a bristle board that he picked up in england. Made from pig hair if I remember correctly. Super nice board. I haven't bought my own dart board because every time I go shopping I can't stand the cheap quality that I see after playing on the english one. Its been in use for 15+ years now and still looks nice and fresh. Hopefully I'll track one down some day... or steal his!

i throw darts if the opportunity arises. my brother and uncle are really into and play in a league together. i can hang with them, although i lose more than i win. when we have friends over or parties at the house we always do some drunken dart throwing

My father has a bristle board that he picked up in england. Made from pig hair if I remember correctly. Super nice board. I haven't bought my own dart board because every time I go shopping I can't stand the cheap quality that I see after playing on the english one. Its been in use for 15+ years now and still looks nice and fresh. Hopefully I'll track one down some day... or steal his!

What exactly is the difference quality wise? Does it affect play at all?

That's fun too. I've got one of those in the garage as well. Until my Dad takes it to his house at least.

My girl and i play darts, i have the electronic ones....drunk strip darts FTW!
Sounds like fun.

My favorite dive bar has a board. We usually play baseball. I'm either amazing or terrible. And it has nothing to do with how drunk I am either. I have played great sober and when I can barely stand. And played awful in either condition too. IDK.

My dad use to have one at the house. It's probably still around here somewhere, but we have no where to play.

What exactly is the difference quality wise? Does it affect play at all?

Darts don't bounce off of it, no matter how soft you throw them. It makes a different sound when you hit it. The darts come out easier, and it leaves no mark at all. The board heals itself. It can last pretty much forever if you take good care of it and don't abuse it. Synthetic bristles wear out quicker and don't heal as well and are generally harder material, too.

But they are kinda hard to find and expensive. I've never seen a real one at a sporting goods shop. Even the high end ones. I'm sure you can find one online though.

I'm by no means a dart board guru, but I can tell like night and day playing on the pig hair board vs anything else.

Last edited:
Back