darwin award candidate?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

retarded - leave the keys in the ignition bang on the car - and get run over- what was she doing pulling on the throttle cable any ways !

i'm guessing the key was in the on position?

and i'm also guessing she jumped the starter with the hammer...

at least it was quick, and hopefully painless..

I've left my car 'on' before....but never on 'start'...i can't even begin to think how she'd leave the key in the 'start' position, much less leave the clutch in the 'engaged' position as well...and she would also have to have let the metal part of the hammer (Assuming it's not an all-metal hammer) rest on the starter contact post for a good few seconds for it to give it enough current to START the car...and if I had stuck a stick between the clutch and the seat to hold down the clutch, put ANOTHER stick to hold the key in the 'start' position, AND on top of all that let the hammer rest on the starter, SURELY I would've had the common sense to pull the hammer the fuck away from there when the car made a noise...which brings about another question. I've never seen a starter sitting out in the open. The first thing that would come to mind that she'd bang on would be the valve cover. I mean, obviously she doesn't know jack shit about cars if she's whackin' on it with a hammer in the first place, what would make her single out the starter? Much less be able to GET TO the starter. Here's a 405's engine:
735893_6_full.jpg

I don't even SEE the starter!
And the throttle cable thing...last I checked, when you mash on the gas pedal, the WHOLE throttle cable does not move...only the cable INSIDE the cable (you know what I'm trying to say)....and in a moment of panic, I doubt she grabbed the 3 centimeters of exposed metal cable right next to the throttle body...from looking at the picture, the most logical thing to grab would be the intake.

I call :bs:

the key doesn't have to be in the "start" position...

if you're jumping the starter the key would just need to be in the on position for the car to actually run, the motor will still turn over by jumping the starter even if the key is in the off position...

and there is a reason people hit starters...
if you're ever had a bad starter, or a flywheel with some fucked up teeth you would know that the starter can get stuck sometimes and will not engage when stuck, so if you hit it it will become unstuck and will then be able to start the car...

so it sounds like more than likely she knew exactly what she was doing...
except for the whole running herself over thing...

my guess is that she wasn't trying to hit the engine, but rather trying to jump the starter, which would explain why the key would be in the on position, and also why she wouldn't have yanked the hammer away when it started to turn over... but thats just a theory...

or it could have been in gear and she accidently jumped the starter causing the car to lunge and freaked out causing her to not remove the hammer...
:shrug2:

Shit...thats right...didn't think about how there's always current going to the starter. My bad on that part...
And I have heard of people hitting the starter to get it unstuck. However, my point was that she was doing just that...hitting it. Not resting the hammer on it.

my guess is that she wasn't trying to hit the engine, but rather trying to jump the starter, which would explain why the key would be in the on position, and also why she wouldn't have yanked the hammer away when it started to turn over

Alison Taylor's Peugeot 405 wouldn't start so she got out and banged the engine with a hammer.

And even still, that doesn't clear up the part about the throttle cable. The way everythign happened was WAY too planned out....too perfect. I still say :bs:

I dono man it could have just been a huge dose of horrible luck. The worst part is her Mom stood there and watched it happen.

Back