dash paint

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sevenhillsbilly

could i use spray paint inorder to paint my dashboard in my car as long as i prep it realy well and primer it ???

auto parts stores sell interior paint.. i suggest you use that if you're set on painting your interior..

go to a hardwear store or even like an Advanced auto and they should have something called "Interior Paint"
don't use spray paint cuz the sun and heat will bake it and it will peal
plus the smell will never fade.
i had a friend that did it to his 240, had to replace the dash.
good luck bro

there is actuallly a paint specially for vinyl..they have it at autoparts stores..but painted dash never comes out right

ah yes the wonderful dash paint, helping people lower resale value everywhere. That is one of the main things I did not want when I was looking to purchase my crx. It never turns out right painting it, it peels and chips. With time it just looks like crap. Just my opinion.

i painted my dash the other day and i used this universal paint from rustoleum and it worked out amazing it looks completely factory!

for now.. give it a year of sitting in the sun and tell me what it looks like then

yeah i understand it will probably fade but i was reading the can and it was for the outdoor vinyl lawn furniture and they were saying it wouldnt fade but it probably will

not true not true
i painted my dash had to do some work though!!! pulled it out and preped it with feather fill sanded that down and used PPG Black with clear over it it looks sick

yes it is shinny
but i looks great when i wax it LOL......

why would you want it shinny do you plan on wearing sunglasses all the time
if anything you would want a satin or a semi gloss finish so you dont get the glare while driving

Back