dashpot hose?????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sinezter

what is this for, what does it do? and if i pluged it off at the arrow would the car work fine?

zc-vacdiagram.jpg

DESCRIPTION
It's function is to slow the closing of the throttle valve when it is suddenly closed during gear shifting or deceleration.

PURPOSE
This helps lower Carbon Monoxide (CO) emissions caused by sudden engine deceleration. Upon sudden deceleration, vacuum is applied to the Dashpot diaphragm and the diaphragm rod prevents the throttle valve from closing too quickly. Vacuum slowly bleeds from the Dashpot diaphragm allowing the throttle valve to close slowly.

I had one on my 93 integra and it broke one day, I just capped the spot on the manifold and removed the unit, there were no ill effects.

aight thanks... idono if this makes sence, but what other engine carpartment things can be removed? iv alredy removed that dashpot thing, and the charcoal canister, what else is there?

There's not much else you can take off the engine without making the car throw a check engine light.
If you are trying to clean up the engine bay you could remove the cruise control unit (if equipped) also the battery can be relocated to the trunk and you could then remove the battery tray, if your a/c is shot then you can take out the compressor and the a/c lines.

Back