Datalogging with CROME... How to?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rfrumusa01

Bean Cakes
My car currently is running CROME tuning on a P28. I want to use my laptop to log certain things, including A/F ratio. I intend to buy an LC-1 Lambda, what do I need to log this info and integrate the A/F readings on my laptop? Xenocron has a logging cable for only $30 that needs to be soldered onto the ECU. I assume then all I need is to download CROME and use the logging feature on the software??? anyone done this before that can tell me what I need to buy?

I believe Crome Pro allows logging...or just tracing. Just download Freelog or something.

is the ecu socketed for the datalogging cord? I mean if it is you can get the cord from walmart. As for datalogging when i bought my ecu which is tuned wit chrome it came wit "ECUControl" to datalog

You cannot buy the cord from walmart. What you need is this HondaLog [HondaLog] - $30.00 : Moates.Net to plug into your ecu. It's called a hondalog and is sold through Welcome to www.moates.net! : Moates.Net then you can get a usb cord from walmart to connect from your hondalog to the laptop. The hondalog doesn't need to be soldered into the ecu but if you have a 4 pin header soldered into it you can just plug it into that.

Also if you want to use the hondalog to datalog through your ecu you need to hook your wideband o2 sensor up to the ecu using an lc1 wideband o2 or something similar and calibrate it to the narrowband voltage range.

Check this out and do LOTS of reading. pgmfi.org :: View topic - My STEP-BY-STEP dataloggin to get you connected to your ECU!

Last edited:
I believe he's talking about using the Nokia USB cord; which can be modified to work(anything that'll convert TTL to R232 or USB would work). HondaLog is essentially a TTL->USB converter.

Back