DAYTONA 500 This weekend!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nascar isn't fun Its like Preakness, do you really think a bunch of young people go to preakness to watch horses run? you enjoy going because you can drink yourself silly and look at boobies.

I know a few people who hit up nascar races, it sounds fun, they take a RV into the midfield and spend like 4 days of nonstop drinking.

I wonder how great nascar would be if beer were removed from it.

Hence why I'm saying it's an all around fun event. People don't always like something for all of its qualities... For example, I'm sure even childish games like jump rope wouldn't be fun without singing or music. So what if some go to see who wins, some go to get drunk, some go to bet on it, or some even go just to make out in the stands? Yes, I'm saying getting drunk is part of nascar. Stereotype, yes, but most rednecks do enjoy their alcohol =P. I'm not disregarding your opinion, but I will remind you that it's no more than an opinion. I know a few guys who would throw a punch your way faster than you could say nascar sucks lol. Not a fan of nascar myself, but no point in flaming rednecks. Not all of us are sister-fucking drunks.

in honor of the daytona 500, i'm going to only turn right for 500 miles

Make a vid please, and don't you mean left.

When Nascar gets a black driver I'll start to watch just to pray and wish that the black dude wins.

I bet you if that happened Nascars ratings would drop through the floor. lol.
I shall be thatguy. I learned from the best, Ricky Bobby. :cool:

Nascar isn't fun Its like Preakness, do you really think a bunch of young people go to preakness to watch horses run? you enjoy going because you can drink yourself silly and look at boobies.

I know a few people who hit up nascar races, it sounds fun, they take a RV into the midfield and spend like 4 days of nonstop drinking.

I wonder how great nascar would be if beer were removed from it.

Would most events be that great if you take away the beer? Beer/alcohol goes with everything

it actually wasnt a bad race. although the crashes in the last 40 laps were rediculous. tony stewart is one of the few drivers i like in nascar, and it was sad to see his car randomly get loose, he then let off a LITTLE bit, and someone ran tapped his rear bumper, and poof 2 car crash. Then the crash on the last lap (race to the line) ended up with like 15 cars involved, 1 of which slid across the line upside down and on fire. Everyone was okay :) ya always like to see people walk away from crashes like those.

There are really no killer passes in nascar, so really the only thing worth mentioning in that race, was the run to the finish between harvick and martin, and the crash that was RIGHT behind them.

Would most events be that great if you take away the beer? Beer/alcohol goes with everything

Yes, some are really good. I'd love to sit along side a Rally race track on the inside of a turn.. =) I can watch foot ball with out drinking. moto GP anyone?

it just seems that nascar is a good reason to drink. you don't watch nascar because you like it, you watch nascar for a reason to drink.

That's fine with me, people just need to stop talking about how great nascar is...

That's fine with me, people just need to stop talking about how great nascar is...

Or you could just stop flaming Nascar. I admit I'm not a fan, but I respect the drivers and fans. Why why rag on it so much? Did you have a bad experience with a Nascar fan? I sense some true hate toward Nascar.

Or you could just stop flaming Nascar. I admit I'm not a fan, but I respect the drivers and fans. Why why rag on it so much? Did you have a bad experience with a Nascar fan? I sense some true hate toward Nascar.

19 36 42 Juan Montoya * Dodge Texaco / Havoline 106/0 202 Running $299,483

Even F1 drivers dont win a lot of NASCAR events.

But when you do win:

1 34 29 Kevin Harvick Chevrolet Shell / Pennzoil 190/5 202 Running 1,510,470

You get paid well. That alone makes me WANT to make left turns all day.

Hell, even a guy whos name i dont recognise made over 2mil in a season:

35 -- Tony Raines 2609 -3866 29 0 0 0 1 2,358,230

That doesnt count in sponser money.

Last edited:
or the 20-30 million it takes to run a campaign for a season...
the prize money is a joke in the reality of it. without sponsors, the sport would be non-existant.

the prize money is a joke in the reality of it. without sponsors, the sport would be non-existant.

you make it sound like that is different than any other type of professional racing.

I heard the annoncers talking about how the cars used to be named like race horses

now it's

The Coca-cola Ford

bb01.jpg

Nah no hate, I just don't watch it.
I grew up around a bunch of nascar is everything people, nothing is better, no race is harder. nascar takes more skill then any other race, nascar is faster then any other race. F1? what's that?

I remember having a convo with a guy who said nascar was the fastest racing car out there other then drag racing. I said something about F1 and he laughed and said they're slow they only get up to around 120-130mph nascar can touch into 200s!!!!!

bah.

damn hicks.

Nah no hate, I just don't watch it.
I grew up around a bunch of nascar is everything people, nothing is better, no race is harder. nascar takes more skill then any other race, nascar is faster then any other race. F1? what's that?

I remember having a convo with a guy who said nascar was the fastest racing car out there other then drag racing. I said something about F1 and he laughed and said they're slow they only get up to around 120-130mph nascar can touch into 200s!!!!!

bah.

damn hicks.

Before the restrictor plates, he was right. NASCAR hit speeds of 220 and 230 at taledega and daytona. Now they are down to a tame 190

Before the restrictor plates, he was right. NASCAR hit speeds of 220 and 230 at taledega and daytona. Now they are down to a tame 190

yes because they could not control there cars and would end up into another driver or the wall.

Last edited:
F1 has been restricted too... they were 'getting too fast' and if a crash happened, people were dying, so they changed the tire compound rules and added some other restrictions to slow them down.

Back