Dazed And Confused!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

newb_civic

I have a 93 Civic coupe EX. I finally got my tax refund...3000! Woohoo! Back to the question. I'm really confused on what engine to purchase. I want a B18C or a B20 with a VTEC head. Whats better and affordable? What places do you guys recommend to buy from? Your input would be helpful. Thanks.

If you have about another $500 saved up,you could go for a B18C1,but if the $3000 is what your working with you'd be better off with a B16AsiRII and a couple mods.

Then I would say get into a B18C1,nice motor.I/H/E fun.

Originally posted by newb_civic@Mar 4 2003, 08:04 PM
Oh I have more money on the side. Another 2 grand...saved that up.

Where about do you live?
-If you have like $5K to work with, can you say ITR. <_<
-Do you want what everyone else has(B16 or B18C1) or do you want to be different and have a R-spec motor?

-IMO, bring on the ITR. :D

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 5 2003, 07:30 AM

-If you have like $5K to work with, can you say ITR.

Why?Five G's will cover the ITR motor,then he's got stock,everything.With $5000 you can pretty much install and bolt on all the basics on a GSR or 16,and maybe if so inclined a little spray.Then your way ahead of the game.

I agree, with the $5000. You can have a gsr swap with a "mildly" built engine as well. My boy dropped a gsr in an eg cx with only i/h/e and that shit flies. Of course, he's now building it up for turbo now, so he'll be pretty darn quick when he's done. :D

Also, there is another factor to put in, how much money are you actually willing to spend? I mean do you plan on doing more mods in the future? or just a grocery getter? If money isn't a factor at all, then by no means go with the itr, you have a better platform to start out with. Although with the gsr i/h/e setup, you'll have a quick car as well.

Just look at it like this:
stock ITR = 195hp
stock GSR = 180hp
GSR w/ i/h/e = +/- 190-195hp
stock ITR >= GSR i/h/e
ITR = :D

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 6 2003, 01:49 AM
Just look at it like this:
stock ITR = 195hp
stock GSR = 180hp
GSR w/ i/h/e = +/- 190-195hp
stock ITR >= GSR i/h/e
ITR = :D

Sorry GSR with mods>running ITR through stock EX systems.

:werd:

i agree, like i said, if you have more then enough money, then i would get the itr, if not, then i would get the gsr and mod it, good luck.

What places do you guys prefer to purchase an engine? A place where customer service comes first not the cheddar. I would appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!

Originally posted by newb_civic@Mar 6 2003, 02:31 PM
What places do you guys prefer to purchase an engine? A place where customer service comes first not the cheddar. I would appreciate the suggestions. Thanks!

I base it highly on reputation. This is a general statement for engine swaps and part installations and etc. I go to the shop that knows what they're doing and they've been doing it for a while. It's one thing to go to a shop cuz it's cheaper but how much experience do they have??? You know what I mean?
You have to take everything into consideration. (customer service, cost, down time, reputation, experience).

GOOD LUCK.

Back