DB8 Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

Hey, just figured I'd post up my 4dr gsr project and maybe get some input from some people.

The Setup:
mild port/polish
skunk 2 cam gears
aem fuel rail
aem FPR
RC 550cc saturated injectors, will need bigger very shortly.
cometic head gasket
new timing belt
darton sleeved
81.5mm bore
JE 9.1 Pistons
JE Rings
Manley TT RODS
ARP rod bolts
ACL main and rod bearings
blanced/micropolished ITR crankshaft
ITR waterpump
ITR oil pump
prodrive oil pump gear
Block gaurd
NGK wires/plugs
Act 2600 6 puck
Act streetlite flywheel
ARP Flywheel Bolts
Phantom grip lsd

For the turbo:
Full race ramhorn manifold
full race 4 bolt 3inch downpipe
precision SC61 Turbo
Tial 38mm wastegate 7psi spring
PWR FMIC
spoolin performance fmic piping, polished aluminum
Greddy type S BOV
GReddy turbo timer & profec b 2 ebc
walboro 255lph fuel pump
spoolin performance dumptube
Thermal R&D Turbo Catback exhaust

The pics:
1050731383_m.jpg

1050735876_m.jpg

1100793381_m.jpg

hpim1293jt8.jpg

Last edited:
nice, cant wait to see the finished product... unles it already is. The only thing i dont like is the Phantom Grip LSD, heard too many not-so-good things about them.

btw, whats the cost of a project like this?

The phantom grip was in the tranny, as in i bought the transmission like that, otherwise i would of put in a different one.
All i'm going to day is the cost is rediculous, but it should be a pretty nice car once i finish it, which should be this weekend, the only thing left to do is re do the oil return line, it was kinda rigged up.
But i got most of my stuff all together so it wasn't as bad as some might think.

Phantom grip works at our levels of power output / torque.

Also, for reference - This is a DB8
face.jpg

Haha, that never even popped into my head, but hopefully the next things coming will be full coilovers and a traction bar, then coming with a new tune on some bigger injectors.

Haha yup, I see how your doing a 4dr integra of your own, i love them.

yea, db1... its not coming along as fast as yours... and im doing all motor... all i need is bearings, pistons/rods and uhm thats almost about it... aside from machine [hone, hot tank] and assembly [which scares me]

Nice project man. Im in the process of putting my DB8 back on boost also, 4drs rock. What are your hp goals with this set up?

I'm not exactly too sure, but ill need to swap injectors out before i get a retune, and i'd like to see atleast a little into the 400whp range.

Back