1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC cam gears on B20vtec?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stmotorsports, Dec 15, 2007.

1. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

just picked up my buddy's old B20vtec hatch for my girl & doing some work on it right now. It's got the older DC cam gears on it and i'm wondering where exactly the tdc mark is on these? You know like with the stock gears the two 0°/180° ticks have to be lined up with the cyl head surface, but I'm not seeing those 2 extra marks on these... does the 0° mark have to be lined up with the cyl head surface on the dc's or something? but facing towards the front or rear of the car?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

Nevermind!!!!

ok ok, i'm apparently going blind in my old age. As you can probably see from the pics the gears are a little dirty and corroded, and the factory tdc marks were very faint from the factory. But I finally found them, they are about 90° from the cam timing marks on either side

thx for the help, sorry for wasting server bandwidth

good news for anyone with this same prob on these gears in the future tho- the marks ARE THERE, just keep looking

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted