DC radiator in EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

random_hero

I just bought an Integra radiator for my EG. I've heard they can be used as upgrade in EG w/B-series swaps. Do I need anything other than what I already have? Trading half size for fullsize.

dont see why it wouldnt work.. you may have clearance problems if you have a aftermarket header..

i put one in my eg, but then again i also put the whole integra front clip on my car .lol. your gonna need to add the little things that make the radiator sit. theres two of them. test fit it also because i spaced my radiator support about 1 1/2 inches up. Let me know how it goes or if i just made myself sound stupid.

In order to put the DC radiator into the EG you will have to get a chiesel or similar cutting tool and cup off all of the lower radiator and a/c condensor mounting brackets.
You have to be careful removing the 2 radiator bracket ones because you will have to re-use them. Now take a good hard look at where you want to put the DC radiator and mark the heaght you want it to sit at etc. Make sure you have clearance for the hood.
Measure the distance from in to pin on the bottom of the integra radiator (I think it's 22 inches but make sure you check it)
CEnter the 2 mounts and weld them inmaking sure they go in the same direction they came out.
Now for the top you have a couple options, you can either use OEM integra mounting brackets or you can make your own, the old civic bracket will not work
You have to line up the brackets making sure there is room between the top of the radiator and the support (otherwiss it may rub and damage the radiator) and then use self tapping screws to attach the brackets (unles you have a riv-nut gun)

thanks for the info. The teggy radiator is the same height as the eg radiator so its just a matter of positioning the brackets.

thanks for the info. The teggy radiator is the same height as the eg radiator so its just a matter of positioning the brackets.

Im not 100% that it is the same height, I would check it if you haven;t already, I am pretty sure it is, but I would check it just to be sure.

I am curious tho as to why you didn't jsut get a readiator for a 99-00 honda civic Si, it is the same size as the EG radiator and uses the same mounting location and everything, it also has the larger water nexks to use with the B series engine (since the Si is the b16) It is what I always use

Back