Dc Sports Short Shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NewAgeCivicz

OMG, I just got done installing it and I am amazed how smooth and umm.. short the shifting is. This is one of those bolt-ons that I should have bought for my car the day I left the dealer's lot. :rolleyes: :D :worthy: :D

30 bucks, what u talking about i payed 100 bucks for my DC sports short thorw shift kit. fucking little piece of blue aluminum. but i do concur it is a very good addition.

Did you replace you bushings with urathane ones as well while you were installing the shifter ??

I don't have a Skunk2 installed w/ bushings and I too agree if you buy a honda it's the first thing that is a must do for $100

No, I haven't yet, the bushings are on there way. WHen I buy something I get to excited and have to put it on right away ;)

okay...my el cheapo short shifter broke on me the other day when i was shifting....it broke on the bottom thread. I'm planning on getting better shifters...skunk2, dc sports, or b&m. which do you guys prefer.....i don't want another shifter that will break on me....which shifter is stronger...i did put my oem gsr shifter back...but the linkage wouldn't fit anymore. let me know what you guys think i should get.

lol- i was just about to say.... enjoy now, while it's still in one piece. DC sports shifters suck. they all break.

Short shifters suck period, all they do is fuck up your synchrons, and some peeps think it lowers your 1320 times,,,,yeah maybe by like .000000000000000000000003, not worth the money for sure. If you are using one definetly get the bushings kit that some of the kits come with, otherwise enjoy.

Milan

I love my short shifter. I recently upgraded to polyurethane bushings and yeah it was like night and day. I have a dual bend, not sure of the name, but almost exact same as skunk2, it came with the car, but yeah, its smoothe as hell, about 1 inch inbetween gears at most, and its at stock height. Overall, I couldn't go without it IMO.

Really, i feel the opposite about SS's. I have had buddies just have mad problems with them. Personally I just feel it doesn't need to be that short.

Milan

the skunk2 shifter rocks.

its not really SHORTER by much... the feel is just so much more secure and stable.

Back