DC sports

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAN B

Banned
I see all these people talking crap on DC sports headers. Every experience with DC that I have had has been good. Will somebody tell me what their problems with DC are? Anybody? What did they do wrong? What is better?

some people have said the welds are shitty but ive never dealt with them. i would reccomend the itr 4-1 for b series

I've heard of the ceramic coated headers cracking. My self, I have one, and it is dandy, isn't cracked or anything.

A friend's dc sports blu ceramic coated header is cracked though, he had it fixed for 20 bucks, and its as good as new.

Other then that, never had a problem with them once.

Ive had a DC 4-1 header for over 2 years ive had no problems with it.

i have had my DC 4-2-1 header for about 4 months/5-6K miles with no problems. i did alot of review hunting before i decided to go with DC. seems that they really do stand up to time and perform well too.

Finally some people are giving DC the credit they diserve. I believe they are a good company. Never had problems with them.

No problems here... and I've had 3 different ones.

What would be a good header to put on a B20Z in a CRX? I'm beginning to piece things together now that I have the motor.

Had one, rusted on me in three months, definetly a pos (ceramic unit), I don't plan on owning another honda again, but if I did I honestly wouldn't sport any DC products, simply for the fact that there is much better quality parts out their than theirs.

This is based from my experience, and no they wouldn't take the header back,

My opinion on their products:

Exhaust: theirs looks nice but exhausts are all mostly subjective, all on sound and looks.

Header: Seen many dynos of different headers getting better gains so with myself wanting the most gains, I will pay for a header that will get more gains.

Intake: I always recommend a the generic AEM knock off's since they are half the price and do the same shit, but always go with a blitz filter since it flows the most CFM out of any aftermarket filter (as of '00)

I guess accessories that they make aren't too bad like the CTR knockoff shiftknob, strut bars, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I dont like them at all, I dont know why either maybe becuase all the ricers have them, not sure though just a guess. my .02

Originally posted by JDMilan@Nov 7 2003, 08:59 PM
I guess accessories that they make aren't too bad like the CTR knockoff shiftknob, strut bars, but I guess you get what you pay for.

There strut bars are a POS. There was a pic on hondatech a while back ago showing how much they sucked. The thing flexed so much that the bar looked like a twizler. There was a 7th gen civic at a local car meet that had one on, car was pretty riced out. I bent over the engine and rested my hands on the strut bar, looking the engine over. The bar that had once been about 2 inches from the valve cover was now touching it. When I let go, it went back to normal. So to test out the quality, I lightly pushed on the bar, it bowed in. It was a POS designed for one thing, Looks.

i had a dc 4-1 header on my older b16, never had any problems with it.

Their headers are great quality in my opinion.
I have a one piece 4-2-1 ceramic header and have had it for over a year with no problems. it fits great, still looks brand new, seems to give more power (haven't dynoed it). I have it coupled with a DC Sports cat-back exhaust and I couldn't be happier. Both have great build quality.
I would use their exhaust products anytime but would not buy their tie bars.

I think most ppl that hate DC Sports do so because of what they "heard" from some friend of a friend... Or have just had a case of bad luck with a faulty product...

You can probably find better headers out there but the price of the DC and quality is hard to beat.

just my thoughts :)

DC sports was the most respected name in honda bolt-on performance (next to Mugen) back in the early 90's. all they used to do was engineer and make headers and exhausts. they had a black NSX which appeared in mags like road & track and car & driver going up against other specially tuned supercars. they really DO know their shit when it comes to making headers and exhaust. they only started selling all the bling bling stuff a few years ago to cash in on the FnF craze. unfortunately they didnt hold the same standards for their bling bling parts...but that has nothing to do with their R&D on headers and exhausts.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 7 2003, 11:34 PM-->
@Nov 7 2003, 08:59 PM

There strut bars are a POS. There was a pic on hondatech a while back ago showing how much they sucked. The thing flexed so much that the bar looked like a twizler. There was a 7th gen civic at a local car meet that had one on, car was pretty riced out. I bent over the engine and rested my hands on the strut bar, looking the engine over. The bar that had once been about 2 inches from the valve cover was now touching it. When I let go, it went back to normal. So to test out the quality, I lightly pushed on the bar, it bowed in. It was a POS designed for one thing, Looks.

i have two of their bars on my car at the moment. i havent experianced any twisting or bending of any sort. do you think that it was possible that the bar you saw looking like a "twizzler" was indeed a knockoff DC? I've been using the bars for almost 3 years now, no signs of warping, twisting, bending, or flexing. im pretty happy with their products, even if DC is uncle bens first choice.

There design on their strut bars suck.
DCSATA2002B.jpg

Look there are holes in the bar. What does that do? Take away strenth. Any bar that can flex with my guns (I bench like 140 max so that was intended to be sarcasm) then it sure as hell wont stiffen up a 2-3000 car.

Also, the hinges are weak as hell. True they may have a good side and a bad side, but the strutbars/tie bars are on the bad side for sure.

DCsports makes ok headers
the quality is ok
the gains are ok
the price is ok

they arent GREAT they arent SHIT they are OK
they are a good choice for an ENTRY LEVEL performance mod

now their strut bars just suck ass
they flex very easily (not good for "bracing")
they are made to look impressive more than anything else
poor design and quality :thumbsdown:

"...attention to detail and significant performance boosts soon caught the eye of Honda, and they were commissioned to create a header for a 1988 CRX racecar. With the completion of their first header they welded a DC Sports tag onto it, marking the beginning of an empire."

"At DC Sports we use the latest equipment such as a Dynapack Chassis Dynamometer and a Dynamic Testing Systems dyno to compare horsepower, torque and many other engine characteristics. A typical series of tests starts off measuring stock power. Then each of the DC Sports products is tested on the car individually, and then combined. Each test consists of at least three runs on the dyno. It is not unusual to make 35-40 runs for each car. During the entire process oil temperature, intake air temperature and water temperature are all kept constant to ensure accurate dyno results. Testing and retesting allows us to guarantee that you will be satisfied with our product."

"In 1998 DC Sports campaigned two Integra Type-R's in SCCA's World Challenge T2 Division, finishing second in the championship. We set records by winning races. fastest laps. pole positions, ending the season in third place."

- direct quotes from their company website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back