1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC++

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by endlesszeal, Aug 15, 2003.

1. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

since ive gotten dsl, ive been dling like crazy... i guess its the common case of "whoa shit i got broadband." anyway, a friend recommended me using dc++ and direct connect.. with direct connect, u have to have shit loads of crap (min. ive seen is 10GB) to share before u start dling.. problem is, my memory isnt like 60gb, more like 7gb :lol: .. so i deleted that and tried dc++.. however, i have no friggin clue how to get started.. anyone?

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

just use kazaa lite
    no minimums
    no spyware
    no adware
    no threat of gov agencies searching your shared folder and sueing the ass off you for piracy

http://www.k-lite.tk

3. endlesszeal

endlesszeal Senior Member

yeah i use kazaa lite, but the problem is that alot of the movies are fake and renamed so u spend ah hour or so dling movies and its fake.. then you gotta search forever to get a real one after countless dls.. DC++ and direct connect ban people with fakes.. so ive heard.. anyway, anyone else?

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i've never been able to download 1 ting from direct connect. kazza may have shit named wrong, but at least it dl its right away. I was put in queue for over 2 days for 1 file, before i uninstalled the POS DC

5. eyesonlybob

eyesonlybob Senior Member

i actually like dc++ but have never used kazza.

to use dc++ you are required to share stuff in order to get into hubs. once files are shared, connect to hubs. in dc++ you can connect to multiple hubs. search and dl. theres not much to it.

6. tedwright

tedwright Senior Member

im kinda limited now that im using a mac again. i was using kazaa which was great, now im using limewire, which sucks balls.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted