DC2 Front End

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adecorzo

TronicsClub.com
i want to put a JDM type R not DC2 SORRY in on my 99 integra what do you guys think yay or nay pros cons i know i have to weld it so has anyone done it let me know thanks

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "dc2 front". A dc2 is just a part of the vin code referring to the integras that came factory equip with b18c vtec engines. Do you mean the JDM integra type R front end?

Ok well i never done it b4 so not to sure how its done. my main concern would be if the type r head lights plug directly into the usdm head light plugs? But i definitely think if you have the time and $ to do it go for it. jdm Type R fronts are sexy lol. Ebay does have em pretty cheap now a days too.

Ok well i never done it b4 so not to sure how its done. my main concern would be if the type r head lights plug directly into the usdm head light plugs? But i definitely think if you have the time and $ to do it go for it. jdm Type R fronts are sexy lol. Ebay does have em pretty cheap now a days too.

yea im looking at one 1150 shipped its nice and i think i will have to get a new light harness but that doesnt matter to me hard part is the welding i dont want it to fall off :)

yeah, im sure you have a local body shop that will weld the radiator support up for u. I mean its just a few spot welds, how expensive can it be ?? That way u wont have to worry about it falling, if it does all shops guarantee work. You will probly spend more on the paint job.

Unless you modify it to use the USDM bumper reinforcement, it's not legal. Also not very safe. The JDM one is much smaller.

no ill just use the JDM when i get it and weld it myself i can weld and i can paint myself i just wanted to know if anyone else did it so i can see what else i will need

Minor modification to the JDM allows you to use the USDM reinforcement. From the outside, you can't even tell. Worth the minor work for the extra safety.

The bumper reinforcement is bolted to the radiator support. The USDM radiator support needs to be swapped with the JDM one. But you can take the USDM reinforcement and bolt it to the JDM radiator support. Minor trimming of the JDM bumper and it will fit over the USDM reinforcement.

There is also a way to cut away the top of the USDM radiator support, but I always thought that was kind of half-assed. The hardest part of the front end swap is drilling the welds correctly, breaking it free without damaging things, then aligning the new one correctly to weld it in. If you mess up any of this, the parts may not line up correctly.

This^

The JDM front requires new hood, lights, fenders and bumper reinforcement. Most people will cut out the old one, then weld in the new one. It's not a simple bolt and rebolt application. The front ends can be had for 800-1000 depending on the headlights. The HID OEM lights will always fetch more money.

There are plenty of write-ups on how to do this properly. Even a few on how to half ass it. Read up and do it the right way. It'll save you plenty of headaches and worrying if you know it's done right.

Back