DDWRT is Money

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Moved back home to stay with my gf's family to save money before grad school and the place is around 2800sqft. The place is spread out and the bedrooms are opposite sides of the place with master+guest on one end and two others on the other end. We stay in one of the bedrooms and the wifi is setup there. However, I have my mine rig (gaming) in the guest room because its loud, big and dont use it as often as i would like :D.

The reception is just terrible with the place being so spread out, the router being on a complete opposite ends and with plain old 802.11G. I was lucky to get anything more than 2 bars and in the 24mpbs range. Luckily, my brother had an old Linksys WRT54G and it was "broken." Said if I fix it, I could keep it since he upgraded to 802.11N anyway. I was able to load DDWRT micro V24 SP1 on it and set it up in repeater bridge mode. And man I LOVE IT. Now I get full reception and full speed. The whole place is blanketed with a full 3.0meg service and full reception:D.

I whole heartedly recommend loading DDWRT if your router supports it. There are some are very cheap ($20 new) models out there that support it.

im actually applying to a couple schools, but all in california.

pharamcy:
-USC
-UOP (uni. of pac.)
-Pharm of Vallejo

PA programs
-Stanford
-UCD (uni. of cali. davis, where i did my undergrad)

Back