Dead CRx LS swap Please help me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

i have a 91 crx dx it was dual point before the swap. I had a shop swap a 93 integra ls motor and ys1 trans into it , they wired it up and it worked fine for a few months then it just died, while i was driving just cruising nothing hard. the check engine light came on and i lost all spark. It will rotate but no spark and no start at all, ive already checked everything, all the relays all the fuses, replaced the cap, rotor, coil, igniter, plugs, wires and everything else,
anyone else had anything similar happen??
please help me im desperate to get it running and the shop is a bunch of idiots, i got lunch and some beer for whoever gets me back on the road and thats a promiss

good battery

check the distributor.

why doesnt the ECU have power?

the battery is good
i replaced the igniter and the coil and tried using other Distributors so im not sure what else to do in the distrubutor department, i have no clue why the ecu has no power, the ecu is good and i checked the wiring and cant find anything wrong, i checked all the relays and theres nothing wrong there either, i am absolutly stumped any ideas

what happens when you turn the key like your starting it? Trying checking your starter cable down on the starter itself. Check all grounds etc. That sounds like your problem.

Did you check the fuse to the ecu? I think it's the same one for the hazard lights.

Originally posted by pauls81sc@Oct 7 2004, 08:20 PM
Did you check the fuse to the ecu? I think it's the same one for the hazard lights.
[post=399724]Quoted post[/post]​

all fuses and all grounds are good it will crank overbut not start i dont have spark or fuel. There is power at the ecu plugs but it still wont work and i know the ecu i good, im changing all the wiring to make the car a true si, do you guys know what hrness works best or the ls swap? the stck si one or the ls teg harness? what needs to be modified?

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@Oct 15 2004, 12:06 PM
Well i would guess if the ecu plugs have power but the ecu gets no power your ecu is the problem.

Ben
[post=402945]Quoted post[/post]​

the ecu is new, less than 1 month old, i tried it in my buddies 91 ls teg and it worked jsut fine so i know its good, also the distributor was replaced for new also, ive swapped all kinds of shit to make this work, Im converting my rex into an si instead so i know the wiring is all good,

I yanked the A/c also but i still have the heater lines from the heater core open, does anyone know how to terminate the lines at the thermo housing and the block so i dont have to keep that crap ghetto rigged??

I still dont understand how your ecu would not be powering on if your plugs have power. :huh: :huh: I mean if your plugs have power and the ecu is good you should be able to plug it in and check turn the key in the ignition so you have power and check the error code and go from there.

Ben

Originally posted by lswhitecivic@Oct 15 2004, 04:57 PM
I still dont understand how your ecu would not be powering on if your plugs have power. :huh: :huh: I mean if your plugs have power and the ecu is good you should be able to plug it in and check turn the key in the ignition so you have power and check the error code and go from there.

Ben
[post=403104]Quoted post[/post]​

ive tried all that already, but i still am comming up with nothing, there is power at the ecu harness, and the ecu is good. I thought maybe cam timing would cause it to just crank and crank without a start but it looks goood, i cant get that damn ecu to power up, i swapped out my dx engine harness and put my new Si harness on, i should have the cabin harness showing up soon then well find out for sure.

anyone know where you can find modified, t-stat housings for eliminating the a/c lines on a b18a crx??????<<< this is a biggie

Originally posted by ryangt+Oct 15 2004, 10:06 PM-->
lswhitecivic
@Oct 15 2004, 04:57 PM
I still dont understand how your ecu would not be powering on if your plugs have power. :huh:  :huh:  I mean if your plugs have power and the ecu is good you should be able to plug it in and check turn the key in the ignition so you have power and check the error code and go from there.

Ben

ive tried all that already, but i still am comming up with nothing, there is power at the ecu harness, and the ecu is good. I thought maybe cam timing would cause it to just crank and crank without a start but it looks goood, i cant get that damn ecu to power up, i swapped out my dx engine harness and put my new Si harness on, i should have the cabin harness showing up soon then well find out for sure.

anyone know where you can find modified, t-stat housings for eliminating the a/c lines on a b18a crx??????<<< this is a biggie
[post=403279]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no a/c line that runs to the thermostat housing so i don't know WTF you are trying to ask us. as far as the wiring harness goes, the usual rule of thumb is to stick with the harness that the "car" (not the motor) came with and sometimes the DX shock tower plugs are different from Si ones so the Si harness might not plug in...most likely the passenger side will work, but the driver side plug will be too small or too big, can't remember which. try using another computer from a running car. yes i know you put yours in your friend's car and it worked...yadda, yadda, yadda...but try using his in your car and see what happens.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Oct 16 2004, 12:31 AM-->
Originally posted by ryangt@Oct 15 2004, 10:06 PM
lswhitecivic
@Oct 15 2004, 04:57 PM
I still dont understand how your ecu would not be powering on if your plugs have power. :huh:  :huh:  I mean if your plugs have power and the ecu is good you should be able to plug it in and check turn the key in the ignition so you have power and check the error code and go from there.

Ben

[post=403279]Quoted post[/post]​

there is no a/c line that runs to the thermostat housing so i don't know WTF you are trying to ask us. as far as the wiring harness goes, the usual rule of thumb is to stick with the harness that the "car" (not the motor) came with and sometimes the DX shock tower plugs are different from Si ones so the Si harness might not plug in...most likely the passenger side will work, but the driver side plug will be too small or too big, can't remember which. try using another computer from a running car. yes i know you put yours in your friend's car and it worked...yadda, yadda, yadda...but try using his in your car and see what happens.
[post=403301]Quoted post[/post]​

ok aparently it needs to be re worded, its not an ac line as in freon in it, it is a coolant ine hat runs into the hater core, maybe that clarifies it,
therexhas an si haness in its not a harness issue anymore, the thrmostat housing is the big trouble now. Can you take out the little brass coolant neck on the head then to plug it?

Back