Dead ECU???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vmk23

I was messin around with the wiring under my hood and i think i may have fried the ECU. My dash lights all work and stuff and the car even turns over but it won't start at all. The check engine light is staying on even when i ground out the D4 wire (Check Engine Input) on my P28 ECU. I will check my fuel pump but for now let's assume that it is ok. How can i check and make sure my ECU is ok? I opened her up and there was no visible damage. PLEASE HELP

THANKS!

I'm sure you poped your fuse..check under the hood or dash for the fuse...ECU isn't easy to fry onless you straight molest it...same shit happened to me...all i had was a poped fuse.

Yeah this morning i found the "Alternator Solenoid" FUSE blown...never heard of it. I haven't started the car yet but i'm going to try it now. I'll let you guys know how she's running.

What does the Alternator Solenoid do anyway???

One more thing: Anyone have the harness that attaches to the IAT sensor on a 92-95 civic Si manifold? or where i can find one? The junk yards want me to buy the whole darn engine harness! I'll be back later...

WAHOOOOO!!! That was it, just a fuse... Took me a few days to get it. I got her started and am throwing a code 10 i believe on my P28. Anyone know what that is off hand???

10 = IAT ...
check the connections to the intake air temp on the intake manifold. You might have a loose wire or the IAT + idle valve reversed or sumthin.

Back