dealership help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lemon law doesn't worrk soo well. my buddy bought a 89 supra froma dealership. 3 days later the motor blew he dropped a law suit on them and they waited it out until the "warranty" expired...its bullshit

It's called false advertising... Call up Auto trader in your area and explain them the situation and that you need that ad... They hold all ad's for 20 months for that reason(knew some one who used to work there). Then what I'd do is go back to them not be nice demand your money back!!! Also... You might want to PM me i had the same situation and sued the dealership and won... I can give you the info on the lawyer's i used... They wont charge you unless you win, if you dont they wont take any money... And it worked for me.

I would first run the VIN on the swapped engine. Make sure it isn't stolen. If it is, you are considered responsible for having stolen goods in your posession whether you swapped it or them. That cheap-o dealership is gonna lie their faces off saying they had nothing to do with the swap when they probably bought it with a blown engine at an auction for like 1000 bucks. Track the VIN through car fax. Get all the information first especially a copy of that add you found the car on advertising "vtec". After you gather all the info you can, contact a good attorney and proceed from there. Good luck.

Hey i bought a 99' civic EX off a dealer and he advertised it as being a v-tec like it should be but come to see its not for some obveous reasons it says d15y7 and not y8 on the block and theres no cylinoid but i herd there was a possibility of a internal cylinoid but thats completely wrong. but i was just wondering if there was something i could do to either have them get the d15y8 engine and put in or something else because of the false advertisement

Did you not look into any of this before you bought the car? Did you not look under the hood? It sucks that you got ripped off, there's no excuse for them to do that, but honestly it really seems like you didn't do much preparatory research for this deal at all.

Whenever I've gone to buy a used car in the past, whether it was dealership or private party, I researched the hell out of it before I went and saw it, just so I'd know all the little things you need to look for.

I'd try and pursue some of the options the guys here have laid out for you, but don't expect a whole lot to come out of it. If they truly are a little dinky dealership, then I guess there's a slight possibility that they may not have realized that the motor wasn't stock...but probably not...

This is something you'll probably have to just chalk up to experience and remember for next time...

Last edited:
well i did research the car and i was wondering about the engine not having a cylinoid at first so i left the car thinkin it wasnt a vtec and i ask people that had hondas and worked on them before and a few people said that the 99' ex's motor could have and internal cylinoid thats why i kinda didnt think that much of it

and all this time i thought it was selenoid. :(

hay i got everything for me to sue the bastard and i went to honda and i had them do an estimate on a new engine/tranny for my car plus everything else thats supose to be in my car and im gonna be getting around 5-6 grand. so im gonna save that money and instead of puttin the d16y8 in my car im gonna just build a car from scratch.

you won't get that much. what ever you think you're gonna get, subtract 33% for the lawyer.

$5000-33%=$3350 - court costs = $3k. that's only if you win.

hay i got everything for me to sue the bastard and i went to honda and i had them do an estimate on a new engine/tranny for my car plus everything else thats supose to be in my car and im gonna be getting around 5-6 grand. so im gonna save that money and instead of puttin the d16y8 in my car im gonna just build a car from scratch.
good luck man, but i hate to tell you, you probably aren't going to get anything. and if you do, it will probably take over a year.
you won't get that much. what ever you think you're gonna get, subtract 33% for the lawyer.

$5000-33%=$3350 - court costs = $3k. that's only if you win.
thats why you sue for attorneys fees and court costs also.

just bite the bullet on this one. you are out vtec. buy a vtec head for $200 and save yourself a shit ton of money and headaches. consider it a learning experience.

also depends on the state. might be small claims and in some states (pa) you can't sue for legeal fees or court costs in small claims.

also depends on the state. might be small claims and in some states (pa) you can't sue for legeal fees or court costs in small claims.
small claims is usually under $5k. this kid wont see shit. sorry to say.

no i am in small claims but ive already tlked to the court and since theres so many safety issues that they see i will get all of it to get it considered safe for me to drive and plus all the lawyers and court fees are goin to be added in what they owe me so i wont be paying anything

and im in florida

no i am in small claims but ive already tlked to the court and since theres so many safety issues that they see i will get all of it to get it considered safe for me to drive and plus all the lawyers and court fees are goin to be added in what they owe me so i wont be paying anything

and im in florida
alright, well when you win this case, scan the check they cut you. i want to see it.

If you threatened legal action to the dealership, and they didn't budge, you should probably back off. That means they know something you don't.

Buy a y8 head, and call it a day.

If you threatened legal action to the dealership, and they didn't budge, you should probably back off. That means they know something you don't.

Buy a y8 head, and call it a day.
thats what i've been saying all along. a vtec head will cost way less and less headache. i don't think they know anything different, they just don't give a shit because they know it will take forever and don't really have to pay for anything. they'll just take the car back and sell it to someone else.

Back