Dealing with Stress.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

easyheimer

Damn. Lately i've been stressing out big time. I don't know why, because I don't have that much to be stressed about. I just started a new job and I'm "TRYING" to manage with all the stress. I went to the doctors cause ive been so fatigued and fucked up lately with migraines and he told me that i have i increased stress. I didn't know that stress could affect you physically. I'm sure alot of you know what stress is like, and have been through it and im just looking for some advice on how to handle it. Anyone else get affected physically by stress?

i drink it away. haha, nah you should take some time before bed each night to wind down. listen to relaxing music, let a fine young lady rub your back, and just learn to control it and make it go awway.

I bottle everything in.. HA.. doesn't work so well.. I end up getting pissed off for no reason sometimes.. not often but like once a month..

Usually a good workout will releave stress.. that and alcohol! But really the best way is physical exercise and just take a small break and reduce it mentally..

Quoted post[/post]]
I bottle everything in.. HA.. doesn't work so well.. I end up getting pissed off for no reason sometimes.. not often but like once a month..

Usually a good workout will releave stress.. that and alcohol! But really the best way is physical exercise and just take a small break and reduce it mentally..
yea i often dont follow my own advice and get overly pissed every now and then. ussually causes a random fight or crazy amounts of drinking because im pissed.

Speaking of alcohol.. I need to cut down cause I have had like 5 drinks that were doubles tonight and just did a double of goldschlager and nothing is happening

I suggest doing something other than just escaping through drugs & alochol. Get some exercise, buy a punching bag, do something relaxing, anything you enjoy to get your mind off of the world. But using drugs to escape is not the way, do something constructive. :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
I suggest doing something other than just escaping through drugs & alochol. Get some exercise, buy a punching bag, do something relaxing, anything you enjoy to get your mind off of the world. But using drugs to escape is not the way, do something constructive. :thumbsup:
punching bags own. however i always wait until im overly angry and ussually break the thing thats keeping it in the ceiling

I get in my car, fill up, and drive until I need gas again. I once found myself at the Mexico border, lol.

Wow most of you guys are totally fucked up, and have no licence to ever give valid advice again.

Dealing with stress is one of the biggest questions of all time. There are many schools of thought on it, and no one method is known to be correct - Or else no one would have stress :)

It's a matter of what works for you. I seem to always have a project going on, and now that I've developed the proper attitude about it, it's very relaxing to me (Plus I have a garage and loads of tools)

People deal with stress in different manners, some cerebral some physical. Yeah, sex will do it but it will add to the stress if you're single and have no one. So ditch that as a universal fix (Plus, I can't have sex when I'm stressed.. I'm more concerned about the situation at hand). I tend to take joy in one or more things, and then refer to those things when times are stressful.

Because Sex and Driving, and working on cars is nice, but I can't just leave my workplace and go home and do those things. So I instead think about them - I sit by myself, pick a song out of my mental library, and just picture myself driving to that song. It's creative visualization, adjusted for me. And I find it works.

But that's a temporary fix, just like smoking up. When it's done, the problems wont' go away. I have dedicated myself over the years to finding permanent solutions to the problem of Stress in my life. And the very best thing I've come across is consideration - to be able to understand why the stress exists. From there it doesn't really become personal. And if I don't take it personally, then it doesn't affect me that way.

At work, I've learned that the stress isn't personal. They aren't out to get me. And because of that the entire company can stand outside of my office and demand answers - and yeah, my heart starts pumping, but I don't get killed by the stress. And that was part of my permanent fix.

-> S

i use guided meditation tracks that i downloaded when i want to relax and clear my head
or i use this CD i picked up called "Speed Sleep" when i want to go to sleep
both are actually pretty similar, and they work very well for me, i wake up relaxed and well rested when i use the CD, and i find myself much happier and more at ease throughout my day when i use the guided meditation tracks

as you get a bit more familiar with the guided meditation tracks you can pretty much do them on your own without the audio track whenever you need to

not saying that it WILL work for you, only that it does work for me

i get stressed out alot.....but like B said...just try to stop thinking about it....

i smoke pot all the time but thats a short term fix.. and if i get deppressed sometimes i take a .25 of a xanax.. but drugs only patch up the problem... i would start some yoga or some taichi (spll)......

... nor can you say "Fuck it" and "I don't care".

There are ton of fucked up people on this site, it's sad. But their advice is just as valid as "Forget about it".

Any advice I give in the Members Lounge should be taken with a large grain of salt.

I actually follow B's method most often, just don't give a fuck about it, then the problem never has a chance to be a problem. :)

Back