Dealing with Stress.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I fail to see how that works, but hey whatever floats your boat.

the fuck it theory is really simple i guess...

everyone develops stress because they think their life matters...
they think it matters if they finish the project on time, or if they pay the bills on time, etc etc...

but the truth of the matter is that we are mere specks in this universe and what we do will more than likely have no lasting effect on anything or anyone...

you need to break it down...
figure out whats causing you stress and then ask yourself...
will this matter in 10 minutes?
will this matter in 10 days?
10 weeks?
10 months?
10 years?

more than likely it will not matter, and therefore you should not spend any time worrying about it...
the tricky part is getting over yourself...

the fuck it approach works for me sometimes...
i also drink, and smoking helps me with stress, especially at times during tax season...
there is no one thing that causes me stress, its just that i am stuck in a chair for 10-12 hours a day, mostly spent on hondaswap

Quoted post[/post]]
the fuck it theory is really simple i guess...

everyone develops stress because they think their life matters...
they think it matters if they finish the project on time, or if they pay the bills on time, etc etc...

but the truth of the matter is that we are mere specks in this universe and what we do will more than likely have no lasting effect on anything or anyone...

you need to break it down...
figure out whats causing you stress and then ask yourself...
will this matter in 10 minutes?
will this matter in 10 days?
10 weeks?
10 months?
10 years?

more than likely it will not matter, and therefore you should not spend any time worrying about it...
the tricky part is getting over yourself...

the fuck it approach works for me sometimes...
i also drink, and smoking helps me with stress, especially at times during tax season...
there is no one thing that causes me stress, its just that i am stuck in a chair for 10-12 hours a day, mostly spent on hondaswap
:werd:
different methods work for different people.... but you also should have a few methods you can fall back on if the usual one doesnt work
the fuck-it method is the method i use to keep myself stress free most of the time
when i do end up getting stressed, depressed, angry, annoyed, etc... i use the meditation tracks

the sleep CD is because my sleeping habits are fucking terrible... if left to my own schedule i would sleep about 2-3 hours a night... my sleeping habits suck ass

:werd: You definately can't just forget about things...or say to f*ck it. But everybody has their own way to help calm themselves down, in order to rationally think and act upon the problems.

Quoted post[/post]]
you got a link or a rip for the sleeping cd?
more info?

i can;t fall asleep for shit...
http://www.speedsleep.com
i have the first one and it works very well for me... its probably the best $20 i have ever spent
i am thinking about getting the second one

the CD has 2 tracks on it... each is about 27 minutes long
the first track is designed to bring you quickly into a relaxed state for a powernap and bring you back out of it feeling like you just had a full nights rest... it works, but i dont have much use for this track so i dont use it too often
the second track is basicly the same as the first track but it leaves you in a deep sleep untill you wake up naturally or by an alarm clock... this is the one i use all the time

i saw an add for it in a magazine at work and thought "fuck it, if it works even a little bit ill be happy, and if it doesnt its not the first time ive thrown away $20 on dumb shit"... at the time i was sleeping maybe 4-5 hours a night, and it was broken sleep (out for an hour awake for 30 minutes type shit) i was feeling very run down and shitty all the time... i got the CD in the mail about a week later... i started useing it that night
the first night i remember hearing the entire track end... although i was very relaxed and almost asleep i was awake enough to still hear what was going on around me... i fell asleep soon after the track ended and didnt wake up untill the morning and i felt great (that one night of sleep alone was worth the $20)
the second night i only remember getting through about half of the track before i was out cold... again didnt wake up untill the morning, and felt great
the third night and pretty much every time ive used the CD since then i am out cold in about 10-15 minutes

i dont use the CD every night... i use it for a week or so... then i dont use it for a while untill i start noticing that my sleep is getting bad again... then i use the CD for another week or so

i know everyone would rather find a rip of this CD somewhere for free, and i understand that you dont want to spend $20 on something that may or may not work for you... but i do ask that if it does work for you PLEASE buy a real copy of the CD... this company puts out a very good product that has helped me and others very much... but if people dont pay for the CDs then they will stop making them... so if it does work for you, please buy a real copy

you get stressed because yuo worry about something... be it a deadline, work, or a situation. If you just say fuck it, i don't care if i get fired if i don't meet this deadline, the stress goes away, and you end up getting it done anyway.

crying over spilled milk doesn't clean up the mess.

:werd:

jsut let it go.

life is too short to worry about stupid shit. don't sit there and be a fag and cry about it- DO something about it.

I've found the biggest factor in stress that sticks with you is an issue of perspective more than anything.

Perspective is of the utmost importance. It's what allows us to gain wisdom over the course of time. Think to yourself about what your perspective is like and how you can change it for the better.

When stress comes to you, attack the source with a different perspective and you'll likely see better results.

Much like pissedoffsol said, life is too short. It's WAY too fucking short. That's what I remind myself of when that voice inside discourages me and warns of potential risk or speaks to you out of your deeper fears of things. When you think about it, life really is very short and it seems to go quicker with each passing day.

At work, I maintain the attitude that nothing in this world is more important to me than my time. I tell that to each new employer of mine and then I tell them that if they fuck with my time, they will regret it.

I get whatever schedule I want, whenever I want it.

Try to learn the value of time to you. Doing so will create a new perspective within you. Remember, it's not the things in your life that stress you out, it's your perspective of the things in life.

Oh shit, I'm writing a paper on Perspective in personal relationships and space travel. We should talk sometime.

Hey, no one will know what you'r ethinking about until you publish a paper. My goal is to go into space, and I'm not bullshitting about that. I am seriously trying to get into space.

lol, well im not turning to drugs or alcohol to flush out my problems, and i get plenty of sex. i just need to find a way to get away from everything and just stop stressing and thinking about my anxiety. it sucks big time.

i just feel bad for all you people that use drugs and alcohol to get away from your problems. down the road, your gonna regret it.

I dont know if it would work for you but i always go for a nice long drive...just to wind down. It always helps! fill 'er up and take off :drive:

I smoke regularly, I also drink as much dr pepper (read: caffeine) as possible.

Stress sucks.

Quoted post[/post]]
Smoke pot daily to relieve stress. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Smoke pot daily to relieve stress. :)

yea buddy. That is exactly how I do it.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: but change that to bi-hourly :)

Quoted post[/post]]
rough sex :thumbsup:

Ya as do I but the stress in my life is only maybe 1-2 weeks at a time, nothing long term. I find it best to just deal with it and wait till it’s gone. Also I have taken up MMA as a conduit for relief I find this works good but, when I have my entire financial future on the line nothing helps better than a good long toke and the relief it brings with it.

Back