death of a Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Well, after 6 months of sitting in my garage, my teg is finally gone.

So we finally found a place that would take it, so the next task was to find a place the would get it there. Cheapest I could fine just going through the yellow pages was $50. Then my dad thought about just calling up AAA since we are insured under them (the teg isn't of course). First we ask if they could tow it to this junkyard. They said they do not tow cars to junkyards.

Dad: "umm, they have a repair place there too."

AAA: "whats wrong with it?"

Dad: "umm won't start.

So The tow truck driver is on his cell phone, yelling at his provider (tMobile of course lol) walking towards my garage. As soon as he walks to the back yard and see's the car (my garage is in back) he stops talking on the phone, his jaw hits the floor and says "holy Shit"

This is why

s40da586d9c412.jpg

Then he trys to manover his 21 foot Wrecker close to the garage. This basicly requires a huge truck to do a 90* turn, in reverse, with almost no room on either side to swing the front end around. Wasn't going to happen. Finally, we got a few jacks and lifted the teg at the front and rear points and started pushing...

Well, on the driver side, there is no suspension, no door, no fender, no nothing. On the passenger side, suspension, door, and fenders are still there. This made the car totally unballanced, so it cause the car to just tip. So, I had to hang from the sun roof opening and the door jam and ballance the car, while its moving.

heres a pic of that...
s40da58a04e22b.jpg

finally, after a bunch of work, we finally got it on the wrecker...

s40da58c0e30e4.jpg

here is a few other pics...
s40da5d0897602.jpg

Posted this before, thought it was worth posting again...
s40da5d6a00019.jpg

lol, probally should have put that in the first post...

Anyways, my freind, Josh, was selling his car to buy a v6 accord and needed to get rid of this. It was hit on the side, but everything still worked on it, and it still drove fine.

I was looking to do the swap. He offered the entire car to me for basicly what I would have paid for just the swap. I bought it, and pull the engine, pulled almost any usefull part on it, and threw the engine in my car.

So the tealness lives on...

s3fd3d34a223a5.jpg

This is the most recent bay shot, and its 6 months old. This was taken while doing the swap.

dude you left the rear disc breaks on????

you could have gotten it to start if you jumped it ;)

seriousley should take a sawzall to it and sold the metal

Wow kid. BTW thats a flatbed not a wrecker. You said AAA took that? I drive a flatbed and my company does AAA and I have to say your really lucky. If I showed up and saw that car I would have turned around and hopped right back in my truck lol. Then again our bed is aluminum and my boss doesn't like me taking anything with out wheels, but damn.

I threw the guy a $20.

Actually I only left half the rear discs on. On that side, 2 out of the 3 LCA bolts wouldn't come out, and every Rear trailing arm bolts were stuck. The other side, I used the RTA as a replacement for a bent one on my sol.

wouldnt start eh??

yea, you damn Retards here at hondaswap couldn't even answer why it wasn't starting. You guys are wrothless!

I see no reason whatsoever why that shouldn't start j/k. Why did you get rid of it, my `92 civic was in a bad accident and I thought it was totaled, but I had the frame pulled and straitened and I rebuilt the front end, looked like new when done. The whole front end was pushed in and curled under on the passenger side. I took it to the guy who used to do my body work and he just looks at it and says its not that bad.

Wow that's what all our Civics look like 30 minutes after they hit the yard :)

very nice strip job...

you should have called a donation lot, they would take it for free
lol

did you at least pop the vin and keep the title?

no the junk yard wanted the title, but I did my a photocopy of it, and I have the vin on the dash from the teg.

Back