Death.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
I'm just wondering...in deep thought mode....

What if I don't make it home tommorrow???

or next week, next month, in 5 years.....or 20 years from now....?

I know I got life insurance on me...and my wife will have enough money to move back to Japan...and try to restart her life....but what about everything else?

I know if I don't have a will...then the state and govmt will get everything and will auction it off for dirt cheap...I can kind of live with that...well...die with that...cuz I won't need it anymore and will never know what happens to it...The bank will prolly get the house...and a lot of people will be sad...

Do I really need a will?...the wife is only over here on a greencard...so Im really sure that if I die...she'd go back home and leave everything here to rust away....since she could care less about everything anyways....and just give anyone my stuff...

Should I get a will???
Do I need a will???
How do I get a will???
Anyone have one yet???

/Corona induced deep thoughts.. :ph34r:

yea, you should get a will, and it can be as simple as having a piece of paper notorized and signed and all that shit

or you can go to a lawyer to get it done in a error proof fashion...

will should specify that everything goes to your wife or family
you should also say how you would like your remains cared for ie: cremation or embalmed etc...
this could be a real issue if your family wants to bury you but you told your wife you wanted to be cremated and under no circumstance put in a small box...

you could also put a thing in there about not wanting to live by a machine, no unnatural procedures to extend your life etc...

will is not necessary, obviously, but it could help to keep everything smoother for your family and widow...

Everything goes to your wife, automatically. Its the people with no immediate family who the govt fucks over..

I'm ready to die.. (not that I want to, but it is inevitable, and I'd rather go out in an uber fireball crash than go out slowly with cancer or die of old age or something) If I die, so be it. I have insurance that would cover the family.

Do with my remains what you will. I'm not using them anymore. If I have a funeral, everyone damned well better have on hawian shirts. It had better be a great party. I don't want to go out all sad and depressed.. Kick me out with a bang!

If Cremated (sp?) I want my ashes dumped somewhere nice, like norcal in the mountains, or in a stream up there.

As far as wills are concerned, if you feel that you need one, get an atty to do it.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 21 2005, 02:08 PM
yea, you should get a will, and it can be as simple as having a piece of paper notorized and signed and all that shit

or you can go to a lawyer to get it done in a error proof fashion...

will should specify that everything goes to your wife or family
you should also say how you would like your remains cared for ie: cremation or embalmed etc...
this could be a real issue if your family wants to bury you but you told your wife you wanted to be cremated and under no circumstance put in a small box...

you could also put a thing in there about not wanting to live by a machine, no unnatural procedures to extend your life etc...

will is not necessary, obviously, but it could help to keep everything smoother for your family and widow...
[post=557856]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe thats the most knowledgable post I've seen you make. :worthy:

I believe thats the most knowledgable post I've seen you make.

somehow this feels like getting a hand shake on a job well done while someone steals my kidney...

get a will, or the state gets EVERYTHING

i'm not sure how it will work with a living decendant ie: spouse
but i would get a WILL just to make sure the US doesn't try to fuck her out of your stuff... as in get the fuck out, you only have a green card, and you can'tt ake shit with you... that would suck...
def get a will

Do with my remains what you will. I'm not using them anymore. If I have a funeral, everyone damned well better have on hawian shirts. It had better be a great party. I don't want to go out all sad and depressed.. Kick me out with a bang!

might be good to also include in your will that you will donate organs... if you're that kind of person... not sure i could man up for that...

some good points....keep them coming...and some good ideas in there as well...

I already checked on the DL that I'll give organs...

Some lucky bastard out there will get an awesome bladder...and then some poor bastard will get a liver that make him drunk in the first heartbeat....literally :ph34r:

She could care less about what I have....she's ready to throw it all away right now...infact the less shit that she has to throw away the better....so she might post I'm like dead, and offer everything away for $5 and jump on a plane....I do know I would rather be cremated...and put in a jar and taken back to japan so I can be kinda with her...when her grandfather died...I went to his customary funeral...and I was actually impressed with what I saw...and I guess if there is an afterlife...I'd rather be in a box that the wife would wake up to and lite a candle and say a prayer and then before she goes to bed she would do the same thing...and the massive cups of sake that she would place in front of my picture....everyday :)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 21 2005, 03:47 PM
some good points....keep them coming...and some good ideas in there as well...

I already checked on the DL that I'll give organs...

Some lucky bastard out there will get an awesome bladder...and then some poor bastard will get a liver that make him drunk in the first heartbeat....literally :ph34r:

She could care less about what I have....she's ready to throw it all away right now...infact the less shit that she has to throw away the better....so she might post I'm like dead, and offer everything away for $5 and jump on a plane....I do know I would rather be cremated...and put in a jar and taken back to japan so I can be kinda with her...when her grandfather died...I went to his customary funeral...and I was actually impressed with what I saw...and I guess if there is an afterlife...I'd rather be in a box that the wife would wake up to and lite a candle and say a prayer and then before she goes to bed she would do the same thing...and the massive cups of sake that she would place in front of my picture....everyday :)
[post=557916]Quoted post[/post]​

Dibs on yout TV and car :ph34r:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 21 2005, 03:26 PM
might be good to also include in your will that you will donate organs... if you're that kind of person... not sure i could man up for that...
[post=557896]Quoted post[/post]​

Bah, give em away, you won't be using them.. but someone's daughter/son could certainly use 'em... Maybe a little girl's daddy needs one.. Its not true that they don't try as hard to save people who donate organs.. Thats total BS.

if i die, im already an organ donor. its on my license.

the mirage goes to... my dad :) he loves the car. my computer goes to... my dad. uhhh, yeah. i guess id give everything to him.

You don't want his TV. And prolly not his car either :)

Kaori won't get shit from your death unless you specifically state it. And if your family (Sisters, parents or whatever) want to, they can take it away from her easily. Make sure you don't have family like that.

Kaori won't get anything because of her green card status. When you die, your health insurance, car insurance (Although not so much) and your mortgage insurance (Quite so much) will kick in and try to cover their losses. That means the house will be wrapped up with a for-sale on it before your ambulance turns it's sirens off. You auto insurance will cover her, being your wife (And making no "Green card legal alien" status) for your missed work compensation dimes on the dollar, and Sikorsky will cover her AD&D for a few grand, as well as assign her your 401k and Cobra options.

The rest is up to legal interpretation and discussion. Like I said, if you have family that would do such a horrible thing, than they can easily take anything she was going to get.

Chances are the money that she is positively covered for MAY afford a cremation, flight to Japan with the dog and give her enough time here to divvy out your stuff that she doesn't want / need or can sell.

Cliff's Notes: You can cover her as much as you can with a legal document, but her green card status will put everything on the line if someone will be so sinister to attack it.

i'm not sure how it will work with a living decendant ie: spouse
but i would get a WILL just to make sure the US doesn't try to fuck her out of your stuff... as in get the fuck out, you only have a green card, and you can'tt ake shit with you... that would suck...
def get a will
[post=557896]Quoted post[/post]​

green card = she gets deported, his shit goes to state.

My family doesn't even know where I live :(

They care about me...but not enough to help me out when I really needed help....everything I got is from the wife and what I did on my own....

I guess I got to look into the will thing a little more :(

I'm not sure what's worse... a violent drunk or a contemplative one. :p

Seriously though, without a will (maybe even with one), your wife will get nothing. Living here on a green card really fucks with your death benefits and all that crap.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 21 2005, 04:18 PM

the mirage goes to... my dad :) he loves the car. my computer goes to... my dad. uhhh, yeah. i guess id give everything to him.
[post=557942]Quoted post[/post]​

On September 22, 2002, I recieved a heart transplant at Medical City Dallas Hospital. I've learned a lot of things since then about transplants on both sides of the operation. The most important thing I've learned, is that the little "sticker" on your license doesn't mean sh*t. Make sure you talk to your family/ next of kin, about your decision to become a donor.

Originally posted by Xaero3953+Sep 21 2005, 08:07 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Sep 21 2005, 04:18 PM

[post=557942]Quoted post[/post]​

On September 22, 2002, I recieved a heart transplant at Medical City Dallas Hospital. I've learned a lot of things since then about transplants on both sides of the operation. The most important thing I've learned, is that the little "sticker" on your license doesn't mean sh*t. Make sure you talk to your family/ next of kin, about your decision to become a donor.
[post=558080]Quoted post[/post]​

honestly, i dont really care where my organs go when im dead.

if my parts still work i want them to go to someone on the bottom of the list. then burnt and spread some place.

on the WILL note do it b4 your too old because my gdads 2nd wife screwed us out of alot of shit because he made it when he was kinda crazy and we had to fight with her to get shit that was ours back. and when it comes down to it a ot of family members have their hand out when someone dies. and my aunt died from cancer and she made the will when shes was a lil crazy too so my mom got dicked out of everything from her own sis cuz 2nd hubby thought it was cool to keep everything cuz thats what he wanted when she couldnt say no. so do you loved ones a fav put it down on paper in blood if you have to but def get it writen up

Originally posted by PhyRe@Sep 23 2005, 12:33 PM
if my parts still work i want them to go to someone on the bottom of the list. then burnt and spread some place.

on the WILL note do it b4 your too old because my gdads 2nd wife screwed us out of alot of shit because he made it when he was kinda crazy and we had to fight with her to get shit that was ours back. and when it comes down to it a ot of family members have their hand out when someone dies. and my aunt died from cancer and she made the will when shes was a lil crazy too so my mom got dicked out of everything from her own sis cuz 2nd hubby thought it was cool to keep everything cuz thats what he wanted when she couldnt say no. so do you loved ones a fav put it down on paper in blood if you have to but def get it writen up
[post=559338]Quoted post[/post]​

English MoFo!!

it took me like 10 minutes to understand what was written in that paragraph

Back