Debt consolidator

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The higher your credit score, the more likely you are to go into debt and stay there. Nothing more, nothing less.

You also get much better financing rates. Got to love a 450 dollar mortgage. My mortage is almost half of a friends(decent credit) mortgage whose is only borrowing 25k more than I did. One of my friends sisters (no credit) mortgage is for 15k less than mine is she is paying about 200 more a month than I do. They also gave her an equity loan, and she has a car loan. She was making 11 an hour when she got this and she is going broke. So people with no credit can also go broke buying what they can't afford.

Originally posted by Sofa King Slow@May 28 2005, 06:00 PM
The higher your credit score, the more likely you are to go into debt and stay there. Nothing more, nothing less.
[post=504747]Quoted post[/post]​

That is the the quote of the month for the most stupid thing I've EVER heard.

People who have good credit have it becuase they can control what they spend. I have 40K+ in open credit cards I owe ZERO on them I charge a good 1K+ a month on them but I pay the shit off.

being 22yo and having a 780 credit score it lets me buy a house straight out with ZERO money down. It also lets me get apartments with zero issues as with cellphones.

If I had shity credit in order to move into the apartment I just moved into I would have forked out 5K+ in order to get the place.

bad credit sucks no cred it worse great credit is great.

If you give lots of credit/great credit to a person who would normaly have bad credit then yes they would charge the fuck outta everything and screw themselfs.

Credit means a lot in todays world. with out it you can't do shit.

my wife and I both have scores in the 700's have at least 50K in credit avaliable to us and a the mortgage is the only thing with an outstanding balance

Originally posted by jeffie7+May 29 2005, 08:59 AM-->
Sofa King Slow
@May 28 2005, 06:00 PM
The higher your credit score, the more likely you are to go into debt and stay there.  Nothing more, nothing less.

People who have good credit have it becuase they can control what they spend. I have 40K+ in open credit cards I owe ZERO on them I charge a good 1K+ a month on them but I pay the shit off.

being 22yo and having a 780 credit score it lets me buy a house straight out with ZERO money down. It also lets me get apartments with zero issues as with cellphones.

If I had shity credit in order to move into the apartment I just moved into I would have forked out 5K+ in order to get the place.

If you give lots of credit/great credit to a person who would normaly have bad credit then yes they would charge the fuck outta everything and screw themselfs.

[post=504989]Quoted post[/post]​

Unfortunately it does. That isn't the stupidest comment ever. A person with a higher credit score means, he can borrow a lot more money then the next guy. A person with a high credit score means he has owed or owes a lot of money at many points in his life and paid the payments like you're supposed to. You are evidently missing the point in his statement, as a High Credit score will open doors for you to borrow a lot more money a lot easier, as you have, then have the ability to go into debt a lot further.

Man I'm so off topic. I understand what you're saying, and you're 100% right about bad credit, I just believe the message that credit is everything is wrong.

It's a tool, that should be avoided, but needs to be there to secure your ability to "live the American Dream".

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+May 30 2005, 11:49 AM-->
Originally posted by jeffie7@May 29 2005, 08:59 AM
Sofa King Slow
@May 28 2005, 06:00 PM

[post=504989]Quoted post[/post]​

Unfortunately it does. That isn't the stupidest comment ever. A person with a higher credit score means, he can borrow a lot more money then the next guy. A person with a high credit score means he has owed or owes a lot of money at many points in his life and paid the payments like you're supposed to. You are evidently missing the point in his statement, as a High Credit score will open doors for you to borrow a lot more money a lot easier, as you have, then have the ability to go into debt a lot further.

Man I'm so off topic. I understand what you're saying, and you're 100% right about bad credit, I just believe the message that credit is everything is wrong.

It's a tool, that should be avoided, but needs to be there to secure your ability to "live the American Dream".
[post=505277]Quoted post[/post]​

My point was if you have high credit and are able to have high limits chances are you're going to act like a person with high credit and know your own limits based on what you take home.

I spend knowing I can afford it. someone with bad credit spends not giving a fuck.

Back