Debt vs GDP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
prepare to be shocked

total debt-to-GDP is now approaching 350%.

At the end of the Second World War, in September 1945, the number reached the then highest ever at 129%.

YEA BUSH!!!!

and its onyl going to rise... once everyone from katrina and rita file for bankruptcy.... all the ins co's and loan sharks are going to lose their shirts

gdp = gross domestic prooduct

basically it maens that the US doesn't even make enough money to pay for itself.

i believe this is the gov't debt compared to the gross domestic product...

and this is most certainly not a sustainable way to run a country...

the debt should never be over 100% of GDP unless more debt is issued to fund a war...

the US still has 45% of world GDP, so other countries are keeping the US gov't afloat to keep the system rolling...

bush just might destroy the US, especially if he finds a way to "temporarily postpone" the 2008 elections...

It's a conspiracy theory right now.. the idea or prediction from some of the internet's far-out-theres say that Bush will attempt to postpone the 2008 elections, on the eve of them we will suddenly find Bin Laden (Like the 03 Christmas Miracle) to secure power. Then, he will push for an executive order that puts him in the command seat for another 2 years, under a war order.

That, will never happen.

-> Steve

The US will lead another to win the elections rather than make EVERYONE hate the Republican party. Remember, those same conspiracy theorists (Remember? I'm one of them ?) need to remember that Both Bush and Kerry were members of the same elite Yale anti-establishment fraternity. I mean, Kerry or Bush - Meant the same for world outcome. I would expect the "powers that be" to simply rig the next elections for another truly psychopathic nutcase (Wesley Clark, Clinton puppet?) to win rather than soil the name of the Republican party. Right now, if there is a conspiracy going on then they have created the perfect whipping boy - a party so evil that belonging to it makes you hated even at the individual level.

And's that too juicy to sacrifice like this.

So if Bin Laden is "found" at the eve of the 08 elections - I would worry about that FAR more than worry about him extending his term.

Addition: Also, I think it's ignorant to start "mothefucking" Bush now, I mean ... he hasn't actually DONE it yet ! You're hating on the guy for some things that people said he has done. I don't think he's responsible for the GDP to Debt ratios (This is called "a Deficit"). That took the actions of thousands of lawmakers, judges, pundits and staff to fuck that one up.

Addition: Also, I think it's ignorant to start "mothefucking" Bush now, I mean ... he hasn't actually DONE it yet ! You're hating on the guy for some things that people said he has done. I don't think he's responsible for the GDP to Debt ratios (This is called "a Deficit"). That took the actions of thousands of lawmakers, judges, pundits and staff to fuck that one up.

hmmm, have you seen this years budget deficit?
and do you know how much of that deficit can be directly attributed to Dubya's Crusade in Iraq and tax cuts to the wealthy and big corp's?

Hey, he didn't act alone. Do you know what Clinton's technology sector investment debacle looked like ? How about his famous real estate scams ? How about the budget to the pulled out and failed Bosnia missions ?

This happens all the goddam time. It may be there is more to the administration than you and I know. Reagan with Iran Contra, Kennedy with Cuban Missile, Carter with bay of pigs, Nixon with Vietnam, Bush Sr with the pullout of troops from Iraq when the money got short.. All of them wind up as failures. I think that "staying the course" might work. It's not cheap to create an ally country from the ground up. Look at the US investment in Japan. You can bomb them and leave them in ruins, or you can build them up again better than they were and create an ally. I'll send in $100 to that fund, versus $1 to get the hell out.

Back