December 15th

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey dec 15th is my B-day plus my best friend comes back from his training from the marines that day!!!

Good luck, from what I hear it is very very hard :thumbsup: to you!!!

Good luck man, and thanks for going in. The Marines wouldn't be my first choice if I were to do it though. Get through the training, but never forget to think on your own...

199IntegraBuildUpH22A3 The Island owns all Marines ROFL :lol: Best of luck and read my post in Veterans Day thread. If ya ever want some letters or just someone to talk to about things, feel free to contact me.

-UPDATE-

Alright I went to the recruiting station today (11-24) found out some crazy shit. Since I am enrolled into DEP (Delayed Entry Program) I have a year from the day I was enrolled to complete High School, well I am scheduled to graduate by December 15th (the day I leave). My DEP expires the 20th. Anyhow I go intot he recruiting station and was talkin to the Gennery Sgt. who said I was well on lmy way to prooving the commitment a Marine makes before after and during Basic. I was excited, to say the least. Alright My new job is Aviation ELectronic (Repairer or something along those lines. Alpha Bravo AB is the job code). Well After basic I am shipping to Pennsicola, Florida for six months. I am kinda excited for myself becuase I have never been out of the state of Missouri (well except for whne I helped my parents move my sister to Nevada), and now with the next 10 months will have been to at leat 2 states! Im so excited. Well everyone wish me luck, I am doing this for all the people on here friends or foes, doing it for you. SO you can have freedoms without worries.

Brian

AAAARRRGGGGG!!!!!! I hate to read stuff like this. I just got out of the military so i know a lot about it. And my best friend just got out of the marines. i have a few words of advice for people thinking of going into the military. and i will give reasons why to.

1. DO NOT sign up for six years, there is no reason to. yes the bonus is nice, but after taxes you only get $4800. with 2 years of your life, you will make a lot more. And if you hate it, you can't give back that $4800 for 2 years of your life.
2. Go into the Air Force. better treatment, better living conditions, shorter basic. It's all around the best branch.
3. Go to college while you are in. don't fuck around. as soon as you get out of tech training enroll in school. when you get out of the military you will feel like you are behind in life when all your friends graduated. and it sucks, i know i hate it now that i am out.
4. Know what job you are getting into. will it work in the civilian world? is it something you want to do for a long time?

Just think it all over. and better yet, talk to people in the military and see what they think. don't talk to anybody that has been in over 6 years. they are too accustomed to it and not your age so they can't relate. i hope i helped. peace

bro i wish you the best of luck- Guys like you make this country what it is- I hope everything goes well for ya and don't forget about us honda boys when you're over seas doing the killing ;)

hey man good luck to ya!! if you want my address to keep in touch witha fellow HondaSwapper, lemme know and i will PM you my addy. lemme know and good luck!! HOOO RAH DEVIL DOG!!

Good luck and be safe :(

My best friend enrolled and is officially out now, he is playing college football at LSU currently, great kid, shit - got married while in the military and had a child. Use everything to your best benefit and potential, extract all that you can from the gov'ts resources while your in also.

Best of luck and hats off to you

- also B meant no harm, only giving you the thumbs up and an honest reply to not change who you are.. ;)

GOOD LUCK MAN... :thumbsup:

HOOO RAH DEVIL DOG!!

Oh Dear God of Infantry please do not allow members of other military branches to hear me say this......OOH-RAH! Needless to say after that I feel dirty and need to follow up with an acceptable HOOAH! As for Devil Dog, I'll send you a letter confirming your United States Marine authenticity AFTER the Crucible. You know I'm just playing with you maang, I know you're excited and all but I would warn you to get used to referring to yourself as this recruit (as there is no I) and forget about all the marine stuff until after the crucible (as that is the first time you will be referred to as a Marine). You know I'm pulling for ya man and send me a letter as soon as you get that freedom so I can respond. Not to mention (if your Drill Instructor was anything like mine, you'll get a shitload of pushups for each picture sent) I'll send a ton of pics :D

Originally posted by Wycked Sniper@Nov 25 2003, 08:10 AM
HOOO RAH DEVIL DOG!!

Oh Dear God of Infantry please do not allow members of other military branches to hear me say this......OOH-RAH! Needless to say after that I feel dirty and need to follow up with an acceptable HOOAH! As for Devil Dog, I'll send you a letter confirming your United States Marine authenticity AFTER the Crucible. You know I'm just playing with you maang, I know you're excited and all but I would warn you to get used to referring to yourself as this recruit (as there is no I) and forget about all the marine stuff until after the crucible (as that is the first time you will be referred to as a Marine). You know I'm pulling for ya man and send me a letter as soon as you get that freedom so I can respond. Not to mention (if your Drill Instructor was anything like mine, you'll get a shitload of pushups for each picture sent) I'll send a ton of pics :D

Asshole, dont do that then shit trying to kill me?

Asshole, dont do that then shit trying to kill me?
Come on maang "mail day" is the shit! You'll come to find out :p I wouldn't try to get you in trouble. You'll be doing pushups all day and night anyways. good luck bro and remember to contact me.

That day is closer! My girlfriend doesnt want me to go, naturally. But I believe this is something I have to do, so Im gonna do it. I want her to be happy, so I figure if we are going to stay together what else is there for me to do? Im not to fond of going to college when I can go for free! Just an update as a scared soon-to-marine is getting ready to ship out.

Originally posted by lude68@Nov 12 2003, 09:56 PM
Hey man! Im in the U.S. Army and im leaving next feb. 4 for 3 months of boot camp and then 4 more months in fort gordon for my A.I.T. but the good thing about it is I live 3 hours away from fort gordon so those 4 months of my MOS training i will be able to come home.

Really??? I leave on Feb. 4th too. Where are you going to basic at???

Also, don't be scared. It's not too bad. My dad made it through. He said to me, just remember, it's all headgames. Just do what your told and you'll do fine. I'll pass that on to you. Good luck to you and me both.

Originally posted by get_nick@Nov 25 2003, 02:36 AM

1. DO NOT sign up for six years, there is no reason to. yes the bonus is nice, but after taxes you only get $4800. with 2 years of your life, you will make a lot more. And if you hate it, you can't give back that $4800 for 2 years of your life.
2. Go into the Air Force. better treatment, better living conditions, shorter basic. It's all around the best branch.
3. Go to college while you are in. don't fuck around. as soon as you get out of tech training enroll in school. when you get out of the military you will feel like you are behind in life when all your friends graduated. and it sucks, i know i hate it now that i am out.
4. Know what job you are getting into. will it work in the civilian world? is it something you want to do for a long time?

Just think it all over. and better yet, talk to people in the military and see what they think. don't talk to anybody that has been in over 6 years. they are too accustomed to it and not your age so they can't relate. i hope i helped. peace

After four+ years in a combat arms MOS, these are the truest words spoken here.

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine@Nov 12 2003, 08:59 PM
no paris island here, going to san diago... camp pendleton i believe

You won't be going to Pendleton. You will be going MCRD(Marine Corps Recruit Depot). I live here in San Diego, and i just joined Marines, so that is where i will be going for boot camp. Its right next to the airport. Hey man, i asked specifically about sign on bonuses, and they told me that they dont do them often, and when they do they are usually for a shitty job. Are you going active or reserves??

Back