December Featured Article - AEM Hybrid Intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

little much for an intake...whats happened to October and November lol

oct/nov, no one gave me anything, and i haven't had time...

article submissions are ALWAYS welcome. if you've done somethign like mike has documented- write it up and let me know, and we'll publish you too.

Thanks guys- yeah, removing an engine mount for an intake is a little out there, but everything worked out great.

Heh. Quite in depth the article is, but very informative.

nice write up :worthy: quick questions how much are these intakes going for? And are they producing good numbers? ..im still trying to afford a new v2 lol

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Dec 9 2004, 05:23 PM-->
Heh. Quite in depth the article is, but very informative.
[post=429603]Quoted post[/post]​

Yoda agrees. :lol:

tphan4
@Dec 9 2004, 05:25 PM
nice write up :worthy: quick questions how much are these intakes going for? And are they producing good numbers? ..im still trying to afford a new v2 lol
[post=429606]Quoted post[/post]​

The prices are on AEM's site. I don't know what the street price of the intakes is. I'm not sure about the numbers- but the performance won't disappoint you.

This was a sponsored product review. AEM provided the intake to us for the review, exposure, and so forth. We are currently working on a full fledged advertsing campaign with aem/DC sports. There will be banners up for them later this week as well.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Dec 9 2004, 09:27 PM
very nice write up, but damn, taking off the motor mount for a freakin intake...
[post=429526]Quoted post[/post]​

werd to your mother...i'd just get the whale penis before I start taking off goddamn mounts just for some cool air

but nice write up

Hey Mike, I thought you were using the IB intake system. Did you switch for a reason other than the sponsorship thingie?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Dec 9 2004, 06:32 PM-->
this is NOT a v2. its ahybrid.
[post=429652]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup. There's no resonance chamber on this one.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 9 2004, 07:47 PM
Very nice write up. Please correct me if I'm mistaken but, aren't you supposed to tighten the shock tower bolts with the wheels on the ground? And without breaking your confidentality agreement, can you say why you chose this intake over other companies?
[post=429696]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah- you should torque everything once the car is on the ground. I did that, but I guess I didn't put it in the writeup. I didn't "choose" this intake over other companies' intakes- AEM wanted an article about their intake install into a specific chassis configuration, and I was happy to oblige. They do make a very high quality intake though!

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 10 2004, 02:46 AM
Way cool. :thumbsup:

Any plans on having this dyno'd?
[post=429897]Quoted post[/post]​

Probably not. To be completely accurate, I would want to dyno both styles of intakes on the same day. Maybe I will compare later because I don't really have to pull the engine mount to compare two metal pipes and their filters, but that won't be anytime soon. I'm a little short on funds. :)

dohch22a4
@Dec 10 2004, 03:29 AM
Hey Mike, I thought you were using the IB intake system. Did you switch for a reason other than the sponsorship thingie?
[post=429902]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not "sponsored" by AEM. The article was written for the intake install into a 92-95 Civic with a B16 head. I was running the IB intake, but it's not on there right now. Those reasons have nothing to do with Jeff's intake's quality or the fact that the AEM is sitting under the hood at the moment.

:)

Back