decent clutch thats comparable to a stocks release point/pedal pressure?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zellis

looking to buy a clutch asap. im getting rid of my current 3 puck race clutch, which is good and all, but the pedal is so stiff.... its a nightmare in traffic, etc. i want a decent clutch of course, but something that has the release point somewhere near the middle and a pedal that doesnt require 500lbs of pressure, heh. would really appreciate some reccomendations. i have a b16a2 with a b16 tranny(soon to be b16 s4c tranny i think) thanks.

Im guessing it is a cable tranny(still learning) right? If so then you just might wanna try either another clutch disk itself or a new pressure plate. Even a great clutch has trouble grabbing if there isnt even force holding it to the flywheel. Otherwise try a 6 puck or full disk.

nah its hydro. (still learning??? huh?) but i figured as long as im replacing this tranny i can get a better clutch while im at it. one thats less stiff but still catches. just lookin for some reccomendations.

If its hydro then it shouldnt be that hard anyway unless you have an after market pressure plate. By the way, still learning meant I wasnt sure either way. I thought it was cable though.

yeah man, its very hard. the person who owned the car before me put it in. said it was a 3 puck race clutch. im not even sure of the exact brand. guy said it was an "AEM" but ive never heard of aem even MAKING clutches. anyway. so im looking into exedy and gripforce at the moment. i just dont wanna buy and install a clutch and then end up hating it. heh.

What im saying is you dont exactly need to change everything. Pressure plate puts pressure on the clutch plate which foces it against the flywheel, the higher psi the higher the grip in most ocassions. On the other hand the less psi the less grip with more of a stock feel. You might get away with a different pressure plate. Also check you hydraulic clutch resevoir, make sure its full and maybe re-bleed it and see if that helps with how hard it is to move the pedal. But, just try to find a stock pressure plate from a friend maybe that has changed theres out or go back to the guy you bought your car from and see if he still hs the stock plate.

Get rid of the whole thing and just replace it all. The pressure plate is what makes the pedal pressure hard or soft, and your 3-puck is what is going make your car a bitch to drive in traffic. I have a six puck and it is manageable but not the easiest in traffic. Your best bet would be a kevlar full faced disc. With a full face, the amount of torque the clutch will be capable of will be dictated by the heaviness of the pressure plate.

My sugggestions: Action Clutch makes a nice pressure plate and kevlar disc. I am running a 6 puck from Action, but the pressure plate is the same across their "stage 1" clutch kits. They offer a dual diaphragm "stage 2" pressure plate that has a higher clamping force, so it is capable of holding more power with the same clutch discs.

Competition Clutch also offers a good clutch kit, and there are deals on them for Honda-Tech and G2IC.com members.
Competition Clutch Sale - B Series Kits - Super Prices - Generation 2 Integra Clubâ„¢ Forum
Honda-Tech.com: Forced Induction: Competition Clutch Kits, B-Series, D-Series, H-Series - Great Prices
Honda-Tech.com: Performance: Competition Clutch Special Sale!!! Clutch & Flywheel Combos!!! Best Prices Anywhere!!

Back