Decent handgun?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

I'm looking at buying a handgun - probably a 9mm or other small, readily available caliber. I don't need anything fancy or expensive like a H&K or Glock. I can't really spend more than 300-400 dollars. All it would really be for would be to put a few rounds through once in awhile, and to keep in the house "just in case". Can anyone recommend anything that fits my criteria? I know that the lot of you are mostly into nice, well built, expensive handguns - and so am I, I just can't afford one. Yet.

Taurus make a Beretta copy that's not too bad, those and mid 90's Smith and Wesson 9mms are availible for about the 200-300 range.

small, readily available caliber

if you don't need much stopping power maybe you want a .22?
nice and light, easily concealable...
like a mastercard, don't leave home without it
or is that visa?

my old man has a .22 beretta and its a nice small gun, but limited stopping power..

I have. Glock, H&K, Kimber - all way too expensive. I'll look into a revolver though - good point.

just save ur money and get a desert eagle .50 now there is a gun that makes people piss themselves just at the sight. as we speak im saving so i can get one.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 13 2004, 12:28 PM
...Nothing stops an intruder quicker than the sound of a pump action 12g being chambered and the sight of that huge barrel will take care of pretty much anyone else...
[post=402146]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

hmm - I might do that. In this town though, I might just be buying a murder weapon. :lol:

I was at the gun store like last week. they had a 50 caliber revolver! It was huge.
S&W makes good guns.
If your not getting a revolver get a Walker.

I like shotguns best, you dont have to be the greatest at aiming, and you'll still hit what your shooting at.

break into my house, you'll be staring down the barrel of a benelli 12 gauge loaded with 00 buck shot

I've got the benelli, with bean bags. first I'll knock your ass out, then I'll decide which one of your balls to blow off. and if you don't answer in time, I'll shoot 'em both.

And have you checked around a pawn shops? Sometimes you can find some really good deals on used handguns.

LMAO, yea and check crackhead alley, i hear they have some good sales :)

you also may want to consider a .25, a little bigger than a .22 but still concealable...

Hydroshok JHP's

JHP = Jeffie's Happy Pump???

he's got to be packing to drive a flaming purple car :lol:

JHP = pwn. S&W Has their new .500 Magnum... retails at 1100 dollars. But I suppose if you hunted with a pistol...

I was hunting with a guy last year that shot an elk with a .50 cal S&W Revolver. He didn't feel like hauling a rifle around so he just brought that. We meet up and I'm like where's your gun? Opens his truck door and i see the gun in a shoulder haulster and i just start crackin up.

Ben

Hell yeah dude - as long as you have the caliber, it don't matter what's shooting it. I'm going today to look at the local S&W dealer.

Originally posted by Blanco@Oct 13 2004, 09:25 PM
Anything that's .357mag or more powerful/larger bore is useless for use in the home.  They just over penetrate.  You might think that it's cool to blow someone's arm off,  right up until that bullet goes through a few walls and kills an innocent...possibly your own wife or child.  Not to mention that the recoil makes quickly reaquiring your target far more difficult.  If you need a big bore to feel cool, powerful, well protected...do us all a favor and just get a penis pump.  Me, I'm fine with my 9mm and Hydroshok JHP's.
[post=402379]Quoted post[/post]​

actually i am quite satified with my size, but as i said a desert eagle will make someone piss themselves just by lookin at it. by not having to fire you may safe the life of ur wife or child that got up to take a piss. plus its fun at the range

but as i said a desert eagle will make someone piss themselves just by lookin at it

now please do tell... how many times do you plan on needing a fucking DE.50 in a well lit area in which the perp or thief or whatever will have a chance to examine the gun and determine that it will blow there head clear off their neck in their crack induced stupor???

i would piss myself if ANY gun was pointed at me... i don't give a shit if its a .22, it will still kill me...

by not having to fire

wtf??? who wants a gun to NOT fire it???
LMAO
someone breaks into my house i shoot first, then ask questions/hide the carcass...

EDIT:
plus its fun at the range

have you ever shot a DE50???
please define your meaning of fun...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Oct 14 2004, 11:39 AM
but as i said a desert eagle will make someone piss themselves just by lookin at it

now please do tell... how many times do you plan on needing a fucking DE.50 in a well lit area in which the perp or thief or whatever will have a chance to examine the gun and determine that it will blow there head clear off their neck in their crack induced stupor???

i would piss myself if ANY gun was pointed at me... i don't give a shit if its a .22, it will still kill me...

by not having to fire

wtf??? who wants a gun to NOT fire it???
LMAO
someone breaks into my house i shoot first, then ask questions/hide the carcass...

EDIT:
plus its fun at the range

have you ever shot a DE50???
please define your meaning of fun...
[post=402531]Quoted post[/post]​
u make a good point but shooting first is how innocent people die. and i have shot a DE. its a fucking blast. my friends dad is apolice chief so i get to try all kinds of shit. n since im 6' about 195 its not hard to control if u use both hands and know wat ur doin. but like i said u do make a good point about the theif not knowing that a DE is pointed at them in the dark.

Well I went to the gun store. I think I've pretty much decided on a .357/.38 revolver. I think I'm either going to get a S&W Model 66 or something similar.

Back