Decided it was time to invest in a Tq Wrench.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
10-150 ft lbs variance, 1/2" drive.

I got a 1/2" F to a 3/8" M adapter since most of my/Brians metric wrenches are in 3/8".

Now I cannot wait to get my Intake Manifold, and while I'm buying those bolts, I'm going to get new exh. manifold bolts and get them torqued down properly. :D

25 bucks at autozone. They had a 20.00 dollar wrench that was smaller (3/8" drive) and in inch/pounds.

Might go pick that one up too just so I can have two. :ph34r:

TorqueWrench.jpg

What brand is that? Also, what kind of warrenty does it have on it? It looks like you got a really nice deal on that since most of the tq wrenchs I sell are like double that price.

Very nice buy, please let us know how it works out, I bought a Craftsman but I could use another one that has lower lbs, mine starts at 25 I think.

what kinda mani you getting ? skunk2 ? if so i just had fun putting on mine last night, it was a bitch, remember to get new throttle body gasket as well, i also had clearance issues with my throttle cable, and my strut bar going back in

What brand is that? Also, what kind of warrenty does it have on it? It looks like you got a really nice deal on that since most of the tq wrenchs I sell are like double that price.

It's a Great Neck.

I'm surprised you guys didn't have one like that already... real men by a nice TQ wrench when they turn 5 :D

Never needed one until I learned how to wrench on my car.

what kinda mani you getting ? skunk2 ? if so i just had fun putting on mine last night, it was a bitch, remember to get new throttle body gasket as well, i also had clearance issues with my throttle cable, and my strut bar going back in

BLOX. It just came today too.

adepter on a torque wrench FTL.

It's spelt 'adaptor'. :)

That's why I was considering getting the Great Neck 3/8" drive Tq Wrench also. It's 19.99 at Autozone.

That's why I was considering getting the Great Neck 3/8" drive Tq Wrench also. It's 19.99 at Autozone.
I saw one like that at harbor freight for $15 (i don't remember the exact name brand) and I was going to buy it but when I pulled it out the box just to check it out, it felt like it was going to break just by me holding it. I hope the great neck one from autozone is better.

I love your review. "I held it and it felt like it was going to break".

Yet you didn't use it. hmmm..

TB-BloxIM001.jpg

TB-BloxIM002.jpg

bling.

Make sure to dial it back down to zero after every use. If you leave it at a torque setting, it will eventually come out of calibration. Also, don't EVER use it as a breaker bar. Just don't.

They had a 20.00 dollar wrench that was smaller (3/8" drive) and in inch/pounds.

Might go pick that one up too just so I can have two. :ph34r:

I would recommend getting the second one also. I have two Craftsmen ones, the first one is similar to what you have (adjustable from 20 to 150 lbs) and then the second one is actually in inch lbs, which is great for stuff like spark plugs, valve cover bolts, etc.

adepter on a torque wrench FTL.

Is using an adapter really that huge of a problem? I mean you are going straight out at a 90 degree angle from the ratchet, it's not like you're putting some kind of parallel-facing extension on the ratchet. I figured a drive adapter wouldn't be a problem. What exactly makes it a problem?

you loose accuracy and torque through the adapter.

i wouldnt expect spectacular accuracy from a 20 dollar trq wrench.

have fun getting that in there to torque IM or header bolts/nuts.

do not return it to 0. rather the wrenches lowest setting. 10 lb-ft.

that is all.

Back