Deciding on engine...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, so build the bottom(pistons and sleeving), than just get i/h/e and i'll be good to go and getting as much out of my engine as possible without turboing....

leave the block stock for now. do you have a car to drive while you are building the motor? if you do, then cool. but you will build a different block for turbo vs NA. if you want an NA you will use different pistons and compression. then you would want to do a different head package to. like i said, if you want to build a real motor, get a BARE SHORTBLOCK, put it on an engine stand, and build it piece by piece when you get your plans in order.

that way you don't have it done half ass. you won't have turbo pistons in a motor without a turbo or have NA pistons when you get ready to turbo it.

Whats the best place online to find parts for the Prelude?? Like pistons/rings, and sleeves....

you want oe or performance. performance internals i get from a friend of mine, check my sig.

oe stuff i get from hmotorsonline.com or hondaautomotiveparts.com

Alright cool thanks.

On this site I'm looking at I'm seeing all their pistons for the H22a saying 87.5 bore....

Last edited:
yes, well, stock bore is 87mm. a 5.mm boring never hurts. and plus, if you're gona get any type of forged pistons, you NEED to resleeve. the forged metal will wear out the walls quickly.

that site has no luv for h23/f22b :(

umm, email the place or call them. how should I know? also, if you're asking about the machining time, i also dont know. shops are different. a local shop here charges me around 800 for a hot tank, and installation of some sleeves.

Back