Deciding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EdrikLongtail

I know probly going here im gona start looking at honda more as i use to and domestics a bit less but ill tell whats going on for as now. Im 15 (yes the cat out of the bag) and since FATF i loved cars. But instead going off become a ricer ive taken a deep intrest on working cars. Im also a autobody student at platt tech in Milford,ct and im hitting a back of a gring. For past 2 years ive been in a great battle in what to buy as my 1st car and mod up. Ive tossed back thing back and forth from highs and lows for Talons,Eclipes,Honda's,Chevys,Nissans,Mazda. Ive looked for prices and stuff. Domestics get tons of power and torque, and a power added can add up around 45-75% more power so that can range from 10-500hp!!! and torque and a 350 built block running around 400 hp while can hit around 750-1100 with just one add on! and imports are great and easyer to work on and don't need like 50 different tools to take weights off,lol =P. and they are fun to work on but it is expensive!. And for me wanting to do a b18b and turbo it can be up to 10 grand alone 0.0 even if i build it my own. I wana have something that i can beat and tinker with and race with but also not be left behind in someone rear-view mirror. Ive debatted and im lost and im giviing up what car to go full out on. Each car got tons of highs and lows. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Apr 28 2003, 04:57 PM
and since FATF i loved cars.

funny, since the f&f i have grown to DESPISE imports.
but every so often i meet REAL import enthusiasts and
i start to think everything will be o.k.

ok......... fatf was the worst movie ever .... i loved imports so much before that ...sigh ... now everyone loves rice ...lol ....... sigh :withstupid: :spam: omg i love spam hahahahahha

Yeah I understood everything he said, mostly because I am only 16 so I am still kind of down with the jiberish. It's cool either way you go, I really want to get a domestic project to almost drive daily becuase my commute to school and work is less then 5 miles and the insurance is way the hell cheaper then my 93 si. 95 compared to 220 for full coverage w/ no tickets, 3.0 gpa, less then 15 miles to work, alarm, etc.

s3eadf323641bc.jpg

I own a VERY clean 90 Civic HB Si.....for sale, I just gotta put a new timing belt on before I let her go......

I would say i have to agree with Ricexxxboy, just start sumthing small like a CRX, and build it up, you dont wanna go gettin sumthin nice and messin it up... i think the best kinda race car is the slowest car on the road, made to be the fastest... and a sleeper, get a CRX HF (lightest) do a b16a swap, put a turbo on it, If u wanna screw up ur motor get NOS, get the car to about 220hp and leave the body alone... thats what id do...

Im sorry for my spelling. I do have very bad spelling and now that i read it over im like damn myself. For me I guess its hard i guess Cars i wana do have highs and lows and envole tons of $$. I know any type of "hot rodding" and or "modding" is expenive and i understand that. But i wana have something that can go fast anf turn some heads at the same time. I guess low 12 and high 11's but being 15 i guess it could be done but yet again it would be expensive for my age but im guessing its a good gole. :D ;) . I wanted a del-sol because their different from honda's main line of cars and they are somewhat hard to fine and their not like a dime a dozen like civic's. But insurence for my age would be like wow!. I was also thinking about doing nissan 240sx (i like RWD cars =P) and being a 4 cyc would be nice but i heard insurence on thoese cars are expensive as well and well modding one of thoese is kind like some type of goddly power or fasion.,lol Then i came to a camaro im guessing im gona have to wait for my dream car. ;) , Then i was thinking an Eagle Talon, Their strait out good cars stock and TSI and AWD. like 50% of the stuff is alrdy done and just a matter of upgradding and i did learn everything their is about these cars (was gona be my 1st pick) but im starting to pull away from them now. I was also thinking of a civic and do a b18b engine swap. Turbo which has kind of alrdy been done befor and because i also go to a high school all u see if different color unpainted body kits and stuff. So it kind turns me off their.,lol So at the momment i guess matter of thinking and resreaching at the momment

If u still can't understand what i typed im sorry, Like i said befor my spelling(and grammer,lol) is a problem and i wish to leave it at that. :spin: but thoese who gave me some advice thanks and idk about a rex but i guess maybe. But i just can't see myself in that little car my head 2 inchs from the roof and feeling like a pan-cake,lol but yet again im still resreaching :spin:

H- horsepower
C- number of cylinders
M- your $

4C+50,000M=400H
8C+5,000M=400,000,000,000,000H

Note: These figures are completely real and based on Tony's Dyno. Don't like em? Kiss my ***.

But you get the point right? Horsepower and torque in domestics is as easy as putting a damn pulley on. Horsepower and torque in a import is as easy as trying to rape a rabbid squirrel.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Unless you get the del Sol VTEC (impossible times ten to find and afford) the insurance is not that much. For me, a now 17 year old kid, is about 800 per YEAR. Yea it is a little high but it is not outragous. The del sol basicly has the power of a civic EX or LX depending on the model and safety is not that much of an issue
Originally posted by something about mary @ park
strong like blue
What I do is have the insurance under my parents name so I get there rates. Much easier that way.

im gona go under my parents and my friend said that he pays alot for his sol and stuff.. but i guess its just to much for him. Maybe i can afford it after all,lol ( :angry: gd kids telling me stupid sh8t :angry: <_< ) but thanks for the info. :)

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 29 2003, 11:29 PM
Unless you get the del Sol VTEC (impossible times ten to find and afford) the insurance is not that much. For me, a now 17 year old kid, is about 800 per YEAR. Yea it is a little high but it is not outragous.

what? 800 is only like $70 a month, which is damn good. Now 800 per 6 months is a bit more.

Yep, reason why is this. My dad, to make me drive safer, put my insurance under limited collision. This means that if the crash is more than 50% my fault, then I get screwed, if it is less than 50% my fault, I get money. Also I have not gotten any tickets so that helps.

And yes, I do pay for the insurance.

Back