Decision-making time

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Well, I got hired at a warehouse here in town, I'll now be working 8am-2pm at my current telemarketing job, and 7pm-2am at the warehouse. After taxes and living expenses and whatnot are takein out, I'll end up with a little over a grand every 2 weeks.

So it's decision time. I'm either gonna finance a GSXR600 or buy a B18C to drop in the hatch. I've paid off a lot of my debt from the EF, so I'm financially sound to get another loan out (and working 2 jobs helps).

:unsure:

Use your money towards the cocaine it's going to take working those long days. Don't forget the bike is also going to cost you every month for insurance.

the way you drive/crash/burn/flip cars, i think buying a bike is buying your self your own funeral.

i also think that your work schedule is going to be your funeral. a month or so in, you'll hate life. and if you have a bike financed, you won't be able to quit.

get the swap.

werd, i;m with B on this one...
watch the work schedule dude
i had 2 jobs like that
12 to 4pm, and then 12 till 8 am

i could only manage like 4 hours of sleep in 2 shifts, shit was fucking horrible...
those shifts are gonna be the end of you...

and as far as the bike vs swap...
do you ride now? have you ridden in the past?
bikes are bad bad bad news man, i've seen too many good riders go down and out or down and in a chair the rest of their lives...
i would say avoid bikes, but its really your call...

i think you would be very happy with the gsr swap, and you won;t be stuck with another long term finance agreement

be careful how you set things up cause you never know if you will lose one or both of your jobs...

Yeah, I've ridden before, and I LOVE it...my best friend (and the bass player in Joel Stop Him) had an 04 CBR600RR that I was gonna buy from him when he got his 929, but back in December he got hit by a truck that ran a red light, which totaled the bike....

But I still have wanted a bike for a while...I dunno. Chicks dig bikes.

:unsure:

i have ridden before, and ridden HARD, but i swore i had given it up...
i have the itch though... might have to get one this coming summer...
i know i shouldn't... keep telling myself that...
but i've been riding since before i had a car license...
its just too much to resist...

i voted for the bike, but as you can see by my name i'm kinda biased, i say go for the cbr 600, over the gsxr that is.

I've ridden both a CBR and a gixxer, and I like the gixxer a LOT better...the cbr's handlebars sit at a weird angle, and the bike just feels big and heavy. The gixxer feels like I'm riding on air....to me at least.

swap...and that schedule will do you in. trust me...the only way you could manage it is if you didn't work it 5 days consecutively...a few days @ one job and a few days @ the other. otherwise sleep depreviation will pwn you

I'm gonna start doing meth and work 3 jobs 24 hours a day....

:blink:

The more and more I think about it, an ITR swap with Toda VTEC killer cams and IB Spec 13:1 pistons would be awesome as fuck...

hrmmm......

If it's your first bike, just go and buy a Ninja 250 for $2500 brand new. Easy to finance with Kawasaki. They're plenty fast enough to get into trouble, and handle well. Then buy a B18C1. Those two are cheaper than a new GSXR600.

Back