Decision Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rmb2k

I decided to get the GSR, but now I'm having second thoughts. I mean for only $1400 more I can have the ITR. Pretty much all the latest post say "b18c5 all the way!" I don't want to make a wrong choice. Later down the road, when I accumulate more money, I plan on boosting. From what I've read, it seems the GSR is more sensable for boosting. Can someone tell me the pros and cons of choosing an ITR over a GSR??? How hard is it to boost the ITR?

Ryan

The main reason most people don't combine forced induction with the b18c5 is because it has a higher compression ratio and to most successfully boost that engine, you'd have to lower the compression. The b18c5 is an incredible engine, but it is more suited towards an "all-motor" setup. My reccomendation is to go with the GSR engine and put the money you saved towards building it to withstand boost. You could also go with an LS engine. You could probably find one for approximately $1000 and then you'd have all sorts of extra money to build the shit out of it.

I agree the type r (stock) is set up with all motor type cams and higher compression pistons. Its nice to say you have a type r lol but if you are going to turbo Go with the cheaper engine. If you want more displacement for more potential horse power get a b20!

Back