1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decisions... h22 or b16?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by codyb76, Jun 25, 2008.

1. codyb76

codyb76 New Member

i am at a turning point and would like to hit everyone up for a bit of input. This is what i have now: nice 99 hatch that i want as a good reliable daily driver. I got a complete 95 h22a swap in a hatchback that was crashed. I got mounts off of ebay for the ek h22. I also have a complete wrecked 99 civic SIR that i can purchase. I was all h22 for a bit, but it is looking much more time consuming and higher hassle for a daily driver than just changing everything over from the sir as it should be a super easy swap. If i landed up with a low 15 sec car i would be happy with the performance, that is more or less the level i am looking to acheive for now. And due to the fact that it will be daily driver, any opinion on fuel economy of both engines, during normal driving? I am a licensed tech, so the complexity of the swap isn't a huge factor, but i didn't research the whole ob1 and 2 thing before, which i see adds a bit more hassle. Thanks for any advice.

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

The H22 will certainly get you the quarter mile times that you want...and then some...

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

B16 would be an easier swap, and cheaper as well. H22's are a pain and shops will hit you for more money on the labor.

4. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

B16 eg's go 14.9's with a good driver.

5. Lee7pcNOOb

Lee7pcNOOb New Member

6. Dark93DX

Dark93DX New Member

If all you want is a 15sec DD then an H22 is going to be overkill, no point in doing all that work to swap it if you dont really need it. Go B16.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted