Deer god

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You crazy canucks sure spell things funny up dere don'tcha?

Originally posted by Civic_88ls@Jan 5 2005, 05:46 PM
wait, why didnt the airbag go off?
[post=441593]Quoted post[/post]​

the sensors for the a/b are on the frame rails. This dmg didn't get to the frame rails so the a/b didn't deploy.

Fake?! yeah, right!!

that doesn't look like crap in the back seat fllorboard. looks more like broken glass. Remember that deer crap is like rabbit crap, little round balls o' turd.

i hit two deer and my airbag never went off

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jan 5 2005, 10:58 AM
he had to be doing like 90. I've hit deer before at like 60 but it wasn't THAT bad. Shit I hit a bear in my friends truck, I hit the thing at like 50 and it head just practically blew off then the rest of the thing got sucked under the truck. The truck still ran and shit but it needed mostly a new front end.
[post=441376]Quoted post[/post]​

funny ass shit right there

damn, that sucks....cant even eat it now. my friends little brother hit a dear in his moms car... called the game warden, got to keep the meat but had to give the hide/head/antlers to the warden...haha rednecks.

Originally posted by ahedau+Jan 5 2005, 06:19 PM-->
Civic_88ls
@Jan 5 2005, 05:46 PM
wait, why didnt the airbag go off?

the sensors for the a/b are on the frame rails. This dmg didn't get to the frame rails so the a/b didn't deploy.
[post=441607]Quoted post[/post]​

they rightfully shouldn't have deployed.

front air bags are designed to go off in sudden stops. im SURE the car jsut plowed through the deer.

the sensors are actually a ball in a tube with a magnetic end.
when the hitting force is enough to break the magnets position and fall off the pole, it creates a circuit, and the air bag deployes.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 5 2005, 11:45 PM-->
Originally posted by ahedau@Jan 5 2005, 06:19 PM
Civic_88ls
@Jan 5 2005, 05:46 PM
wait,  why didnt the airbag go off?

[post=441607]Quoted post[/post]​

they rightfully shouldn't have deployed.

front air bags are designed to go off in sudden stops.
[post=441815]Quoted post[/post]​

well, not technically. A/B are engineered to deploy based on impact. impact usually results in a sudden deceleration. However, sudden deceleration without an impact will NOT deploy an a/b. Especially the latest generation of a/b. I'm sure Jeep's a/b sensors are the same as Honda's as far as the placement.....on the frame rails. If the impact isn't hard enough to get to the frame rails, the a/b won't deploy regardless of the quickly the vehicle comes to a stop.

Case in point...

pic #10

Back