Default PSI for Potenza S-03's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Anyone know the defualt setting for the 205/55/15 Potenza S-03's? I am trying to find it, one of my tires is pretty flat, so I figured I will just set them all the same, now that spring is here.

I tried looking on about 15 sites, all I can find is the max PSI...and I know Pills and Calesta both have the same tires...I'm guessing 32-35 range, just wanted to make sure.

my setup on my crx with kuhmo tires is 32psi in the front 33psi in the rear. obviously it's going to be differnt for you because it's a different car wit hdifferent tires.

There's really no default setting for any tire. I'd start at a minimum of 32psi on the street and see how it feels, raise it in 2 psi increments and take it for a spin see how it feels.

Adam an I have the 195-55-15's.

I run with mine at all around 34 PSI for the street, and 40 psi fronts and 36 PSI rear for autocrosss's.

Originally posted by 90crxb18@Mar 9 2004, 04:04 PM
im sorry but.... doesnt it have a recomended psi printed on the tire itself??

thats the MAX psi

No... that's typically a maximum pressure that's printed on the sidewall. Your car has a recommended tire pressure printed on the doorjamb and sometimes in the glove compartment- but that only applies to the stock tire size and the tires that came with the car. Once you start changing tire sizes and tire types- like moving to a higher performance tire with a more aggressive tread pattern, tread compound and sidewall stiffness, you're going to have to find the perfect tire pressure all over again.

and nick you kinda have to find your ideal psi for yourself

start around 35 and see if you need to add or remove air
whatever gives you full tread contact with the road and doesnt give you sidewall roll over, thats YOUR proper psi

dont start at a high psi, start at the vehicle psi, see how it feels and drive on that for awhile, looking at the size you have, you dont have much to worry about for changing the size, i highly recommend running the vehicle psi over anything before moving on.

Back