Definatly one of the happiest days of my life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, I took another look at the orange. It's out. :( I liked the way the sun reflected off of it when I saw it at work.. was pretty. The more I get a look at it from different angles though, I think probly not.

And apparently the Base doesn't support MP3/WMA playback. By the way, stay away from the iPod musiclink. A lot of people are having problems with it. I just use the AUX jack.

So, I'm scared to death I'm going to get killed on pricing. But, I just want the base model with a manual tranny, so hopefully I'll do alright. Started doing some research on pricing, getting quotes and all that. I'm hoping to walk out for 15k or less for the base model. That should cover the msrp, the destination charge, and leave a little room for markup for them, which I hope to get out of as much as possible.

This car buying thing bites >.< It'll be worth it if it goes through in the end, though.

Just know what you want, don't be afraid to leave, and trust me, they'll sell you the car. Even if people tell you 'they sell so many they won't take lowball offers' sure, they won't... but they WILL try to get you to at least pay MSRP. Just be educated. :)

AND TO KLYPH: I :wub: you! You get so creative with my name. I don't have much to work with on Cliff... clyff... klif... ok maybe I do.

Last edited:
Yes, Celerity. There are two. I have the auto, boyfriend has the manual. He got rid of his Scion before it became a real problem. He'd already repaired the wiring going to the coils because they were literally breaking off causing the car to not fire on all cylinders under load. Honda wasn't smart enough to actually look over the car before offering him a trade in value. After I bought my car, he decided he wanted one for his new commuter-mobile.

F*** me. I bought a yaris.

I got the info on my insurance, was looking at pricing and everything, and they didn't have any fits there. Started looking around, just wasting time since the guy was so ready to talk. First time I ever saw a yaris hatch in person.. white. Drove it. Loved it.

Great thing is it's saving me about a hundred a month too between insurance and payments. It may not be a honda, but it's the next best thing. Flame me, now. I'm ready. :p

lol. I suppose so. I'm happy with it.

It's a stick, and it's the second one I've ever really drove. It's great, because the first one I had was completely jacked up. It was so smooth I was amazed. o.o The new ones are so easy to drive it's not even funny, anyway. I swear I could let off the clutch and it would go.

I like the itty bitty Yaris hatch. Small size, short wheelbase, wheels at the corners = one really nice platform to have fun with. But it's still a Yaris. The center stack is crap to me. :p

Oh, as for paying MSRP, the dealers are only making $500 at MSRP. That's it.

Yes, they are, but they'll sell 'em for that is what I was saying. He did ask about saving money. :p Scion isn't supposed to sell their cars for over/under the sticker price. Each unit (car) is only worth 500 to the dealership, too. /random conversation

I like the itty bitty Yaris hatch. Small size, short wheelbase, wheels at the corners = one really nice platform to have fun with. But it's still a Yaris. The center stack is crap to me. :p

the xB's center stack is way better. Looks like a video when you're looking straight ahead. (Like a status monitor in the lower right corner)

The Yaris isn't quite as nice, and it requires an aftermarket tach.

Yes, they are, but they'll sell 'em for that is what I was saying. He did ask about saving money. :p Scion isn't supposed to sell their cars for over/under the sticker price. Each unit (car) is only worth 500 to the dealership, too. /random conversation

:)

the xB's center stack is way better. Looks like a video when you're looking straight ahead. (Like a status monitor in the lower right corner)

The Yaris isn't quite as nice, and it requires an aftermarket tach.

Yeah- I've seen all the aftermarket gauge clusters that sit in the glove box location. Pretty swank really.

Back