Degreasing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this???

s3fd3a1703a997.jpg

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Dec 4 2003, 09:31 PM
Its a stupid question.

can you degrease your engine and tranny while they are in your car?

if so is it easy??

Yes you can - just cover up all electrical stuff with trashbags and ductape, and be very carefull - i did it before.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Dec 7 2003, 11:14 PM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Dec 4 2003, 09:31 PM
Its a stupid question.

can you degrease your engine and tranny while they are in your car?

if so is it easy??

Yes you can - just cover up all electrical stuff with trashbags and ductape, and be very carefull - i did it before.

I think this has been cover, oh, about 098563208562 times already :roll:

i think that is a just a protective cover for the cam seal. it doesnt actually turn with your motor does it? i dont have DOHC so i dont know. on my engine the dist. and cam gear are at the ends of my cam.

i think that is just a plug, but that chip out of it leads me to believe that may be why im burning oil so much

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough+Dec 8 2003, 02:27 AM-->
Smonkeyboy
@Dec 7 2003, 04:54 PM
this???

s3fd3a1703a997.jpg

something is suppose to go there isnt it?

i have no idea if something is supposed to go there or not, like i said im a noob to building engines. but that chip cant be a good thing

random thing : the OEM plug wires are made by Sumitumo like the tires

sumitomo ownz! everyone thinks NGK makes oem honda wires but its sumitomo. ngk makes the oem plugs.

i think if you remove that piece you'll see the cam seal inside and it will be leaking oil. the cam seal looks like a small rubber donut. the end of the cam sticks out of it. what you see in the pic is probably just a plastic cover to keep dirt away from the cam seal.

THREAD FROM THE DEAD.

the prob was that cam seal.
its not a protective cover, if you take that out, then you will spew oil all ove the inside of your engine bay.

$5 part, 20min install, $2-10 savings in oil a week.

ok on the degreasing topic im going to get flamed for this but this is my method. i get some engine degreaser and go to the car wash prefirably on a cold day. if its hot out or you haven driven far and engine is hot please let cool befor geting engine wet.

ok i spray encine with water soap degreaser( from the pressure washer) what ever they have.

then i let dry partialy then i spray down the block and trany with degreaser. let sit for some time.

spray down again with degreade this time to wet any that has dried and to coat it again then let sit for a min or two

now wash the engine how ever you please and rinse now drive home and you should be good to go i have done this many many times and never had a problem with water in any plugs or dist but i have had probs with water in plug holes but it evaporates just let car run get hot then park it and pull plug wires off and let the holes steam/ air dry and you are good to go.

yeah, im gonna go with better safe than sorry and tape the hell out of my engine

Back