del sol a/c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89guts

i just bought my brother's '94 del sol with a gsr and wanted to get a/c installed but need to know if i could use the unit from the b16 del sol/civic or did i have to use the d15/16 unit?

I'd use the D series, just because of the pump ect were the belts run in such would be alot easyer imo

I have been told that you can use the del sol bracket and your d series pump fits on it. I am in the middle of doing something similar to my EG with a B16 but I am going to use the B16 pump b/c I feel better about the belt and pump and motor being exactly for eachother. I might need to get custom hoses to connect to my pump but I'm not sure yet. Waiting for the right shop to look into it or get some info on this site from Savy Honda Magicians

ATTN ALL Honda Magicians: Any info on possible hoses from recyclers that would be applicable? I know most us Honda fans frown on A/C and Power Steering Pumps but Nor-Cal can get pretty flippin' hot in the summer and I have been running without A/C with my previous swap (LS since '98) and I'm burnt out driving sans A/C

i still have my old compressor and a few random lines from my old 93 sol if you need some parts...

Thanks for the opportunity, BlackFrog. I will be doing soemthing about the A/C in the next few months. I'm doing the swap this weekend (and it'll be done in a day if the Honda Gods favor me)

Any info on the knock sensor wire color off the wire harness? I'm guessing it is red/blue? I read online that the GSR is red/blue. I have my motor and could rip the loom to see the line off the sensor but would rather just know which plug and and which wire color. My car is an EG hatch si ('92)

I'm going to make a new thread and see if that works for feedback too. thanks again.

Back