Del Sol B16a2 Half Shaft Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostSolAngel

So i just purchased a 93 del sol SI with a B16a2 JDM civic SI swap already installed. On the way home i noticed some serious clunking going on in the front passengers wheel well. I was told the LSD was bad, but couldnt possibly imagine it causing all those problems so i took it to a mechanic. They told me that the half shaft was destroyed. the boot was torn and the grease was gone and it was all rusty. So they removed it and purchased a B series half shaft to put in it. They compared the two axles and discovered that the old one and the new one were different lengths! They arent sure what half shafts are in the car right now. They were under the impression that any B series motor half shafts would fit. what could possibly be wrong here? Is there a possibility that the half shafts that were in the car when i purchased it were from maybe the orig. D series motor?! I searched, but wasnt able to find a definitive answer to what i was looking for. What half shaft do i need. Please send me the make, model, and year of the one i need, and i will tell the guy to pick it up. I need to know by tomorrow morning or else the guy sends the broken shaft to be refurbished and i get charged 300 dollars for a half shaft that may not be correct. Thanks!

you need the half shaft for the axles you're running.. i'm pretty sure a b16 and a b18 half shaft are different lengths

Im sorry thats my fault. Im getting my terms mixed up. The piece thats broken is the half shaft, and thats the piece i need to know which i need. I dont know whats in there right now, i just need to know which i need for my swap application. Is it true that i can use a del sol vtec half shaft and it will fit and work perfectly?

i know what you're saying.. i'm telling you that an integra half shaft is a different length than the b16 half shaft or so i've been told.. but yes, if you're using b16 axles, you can use the del sol vtec half shaft

i just put a jdm b16 SiRII motor in my eg hatch and every time i accelerate and try to make a right turn i hear a violent clunking and i feel it through the steering wheel. I have a 94-01 integ half shaft and axles. I believe i need a 90-93 integ half sjaft and axles but im not sure........Please HELP if you have any idea what this problem is

i just put a jdm b16 SiRII motor in my eg hatch and every time i accelerate and try to make a right turn i hear a violent clunking and i feel it through the steering wheel. I have a 94-01 integ half shaft and axles. I believe i need a 90-93 integ half sjaft and axles but im not sure........Please HELP if you have any idea what this problem is

Do you not understand the concept of thread jacking? No one's helping you because you keep butting in on other people's conversations. START YOUR OWN THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back