Del Sol b18 hood problems...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kileros2

Hello everyone.
i've allready finished b18 swap to my Del Sol and there is some problems with hood...
when its closed my engine adjoin to hood.... I's this normal ? Or maybe its somethig wrong ???

Please forgive my english, i'm from Poland;)

The b18 engine sits to high. You will need to cut a bit out of the hood. Just cut a notch of the framing/support on the inside of the hood. Take a little bit of metal out until it fits.

Or, you can put washers under the hinges until it fits.

Or, you can slam the hood down until it closes. :D

Or buy hasport mounts and close the hood like a gentleman. Generic mounts will often position the motor incorrectly.

Last edited:
couldnt he use oem delsol vtec mounts or does the extra deck height on a b18 make that much of a diffrence

Thanks for replys;) I thing the awptickes denouement is the best for me, because i cant buy hasport mounts in poland... only way to get this mouts is to buy them in usa(ebay) and send to poland this is very expensive and it will be persist a lot of time(sth like 8 weeks ..) i dont have time :p 97hatch i have left, right and front mounts OEM b18c1 and rear from civic SIR....
I've installed a few days ago Edelbrock intake manifold but not the Performer x but Victor x, i dont have turbo i have N/A setup, i'm wondering how it will be work after the adornment.

you can use the tranny mount from any integra for the b18 swap into a del sol. ive done the swap and i ve used both honda mounts and hasport mounts. if you use the honda or hasport it should not have that problem.

Back