del sol conversion kits??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is anyone familiar with front-end conversion kits for the honda del sol? i've looked quite thoroughly and have yet to find one myself. thanks in advance.

dosterschill

what do you want to convert to? I have seen JDM ITR front ends, integra front ends, as well as eg and ek front ends. All are a waste IMO. The del sol is the best looking front end of hondas.

only one ive seen that looked decent was the eg front end i believe

at one time there was a bunch of pics of them posted on here, ill try and look them up

s408570db53037.jpg

thanks fellas; does anyone know where i can procure these from?
(i know the oe looks sweet, but im looking for something to standout:))

dosterschill

pretty sure all del sol front end conversions have to be custom. saw one at a show with s2k taillights and accord headlights. looked sweet as hell. s2k headlights would probably look good too.

Originally posted by micah@Dec 31 2004, 06:31 PM
only one ive seen that looked decent was the eg front end i believe

at one time there was a bunch of pics of them posted on here, ill try and look them up

s408570db53037.jpg

[post=439680]Quoted post[/post]​

i was just lookin for that pic. if i ever get a sol that what im going to do s2k back eg front
but yes it is all custom. but this is the easiest of all of them because as far as i know you dont have to change radiator suports. but you have to take the back half of the sol fender and weld the eg part around the corner light together then (for the sol) you just use the eg hood and bumper and then paint and drive. if you want ek or soemthing else you need to change the suport
and ek looks like shit

now that im thinkin about it you might not have to mod fenders ill look in to that

52_1.JPG

c2_1.JPG

f3_1.JPG

23_1.JPG

That looks shitty to me but you asked and you shall receive :D
and i am not a fan of front end conversions but if i was gonna do one this would be it. I just think the del sol front end is the bastard front end of the civic :p
civicsol.jpg

you don't purchase something like this.

you buy a front end from another car, bring it to a bosy shop, and pay out the ass for a conersion.

sooooooo not worth it

thanks for all the info and pics guys; i really like the clean, but totally customized look that front end conversions make available. too bad the cost is prohibitive...

dosterschill

i converted my sol to 96-98 civic.

wNTczODkxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

and yes. majority of it is custom. you have to make the fenders...6" of civic fenders and the rest sol fenders, the hood has to be trimmed at the top so it want rub, but im using a 96-98 cervinis cowl hood. believe it or not the conversion wasnt all that expensive. the front end was $80(radiator support),hood was $500,headlights were $200. i could have saved if i wouldnt have bought the hood and headlights. if i wouldnt have bought stock everything i could have came out around $250 for it all.

and how much did you spend on other supplies and how many hours did it take you?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 4 2005, 01:04 PM
and how much did you spend on other supplies and how many hours did it take you?
[post=440962]Quoted post[/post]​

cervinis cowl hood=$500
buddyclub bumper$150
halo headlights=$200
fenders=$custom
radiator support=$80

i priced stock fenders/hood/radiator support/headlights for $250 then i went with other stuff.

well the whole car got redone front/back so i was without a car for a lil over a month.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 4 2005, 06:10 PM
no how much did you spend for the body work?
[post=441079]Quoted post[/post]​

well...
rear kit molded
antenna shaved
door handles shaved
custom taillights
license plate shaved
sideskirts molded

i paid a set of rims for all the body work :D

Back