Del Sol Diary

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
leave it out, and order another Volk. and just put that back there instead of carpet.

We were just discussing this today while I was scuffing my trunk. I think it would look awsome IF it fit. But I checked and it doesn't. plus I can't afford it. I bet to buy one I would pay more than I paid for all 4.

I don't have the bottom piece of carpet but I have all the sides. Sombody modded the stock one for a sub. :ph34r:

im not quite sure i understand what the purpose of taping the whole car as if for painting....and backtaping the jambs and such if your simply gonna spot prime the filler spots? Understandable if your going to prime the whole car but if not then......WTF are you doing mang?

Quoted post[/post]]
We were just discussing this today while I was scuffing my trunk. I think it would look awsome IF it fit. But I checked and it doesn't. plus I can't afford it. I bet to buy one I would pay more than I paid for all 4.

well, let's see.

first, balck ce28N's are not an option off the shelf. gold and ti. silver are.
those were custom ordered.

16x7 ce28n = 355 + 40 custom finish + shipping from japan.
call it 450?
+ 1 215/45/16 azenis = 100 out the door and mounted.
= 550.

so, yup. 1 will cost more than i charged you for all 4.

you got a hell of a deal on that damn thing. lol

uh...yeah.
I am going to be painting the car too so thats why I taped it off as if I was going to paint it. After I prime the spots it will take me 2 days tops to prep it for basecoat.

And yeah.
:worthy: I got a killer deal on the wheels. And the car. And the other wheels. :worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
i wanted it gone. i made him a deal he couldn't refuse :)

werd. I actualy never even considered owning a del sol. I always thought they were gay. I don't think I even thought about it until a week before I bought "the" del sol. It was a deal I couldn't refuse. I wanted a swapped car but I was afraid of a hack job. Problem solved. I think the color also helped out alot. But I really couldn't say no to the price.

Anywho......

I havn't taken any pics this week because my progress isn't really all that visual. I primed all my spots that needed it. I tryed to tint my primer blue but it came out baby blue so it looks gay at the moment. I installed my kenwood and it looks pretty good. Havn't heard it yet since I still need speakers. Yesterday I striped my valvecover and did it wrinkle red. Looks nice and all but i'm not sure how long I will leave it before I get tired of looking at it. I plan on spraying my basecoat monday on the body and probaly my clear too if I have time. I'll do all my loose parts tuesday more than likely. After that it will be 2 weeks of straight wetsanding and buffing. I want the finish to be perfect so I don't have to worry about it and I can concentrate on real mods.

Heres what I got done this week:

gallery_24267_478_56467.jpg

I ended up doing the valvecover wrinkle red. I'm still undecided on how I like it.

gallery_24267_478_2069.jpg

Heres my new head unit installed. I like it. ALOT. By far the best i've ever owned. Now I just need some decent speakers.

gallery_24267_478_13095.jpg

Heres the homorific primer I sprayed. I wanted it tinted dark blue so the paint covered better but it came out light.

gallery_24267_478_44502.jpg

Just the other side. I bagged the wheels when i primed it but when I paint it on monday i'm going to put it up on jackstands and remove the wheels and mask off the suspension.

gallery_24267_478_53560.jpg

I have the trunk gutted because i was thinking about painting it and leaving it that way but now I think i'm gonna leave it and put the carpet back in.

Well today about 5 min. after i got to class while i was cleaning out the paintbooth some retard in my class decided to back into the driver door of the sol. It could have been prevented if it wasn't for te headphones he was wearing that prevented him from hearing about 10 people screaming for him to stop. Other than that all I did was put it up on jackstands in the paintbooth and mask off the suspension. I also spent a few hours just cleaning all the cracks and crevases. I WILL be spraying my basecoat tommorow.

You should tell him to put his headphones back on and bang the dent out with his face.

Back