1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Del Sol owners!!!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by BlackFrog, Feb 22, 2004.

1. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

Well, either a week or two ago, i tried the trick with loosening the mounting bolts, and then retightening them all to get rid of the squeaks/rattles in the roof. That worked for about a week, but now they are back again. Only in the right front corner of the roof though, same place as last time. I lubed up everything, but still i get this annoying damn squeak.

Im gonna retighten everything again in a week or so, but is there anything else i can, or any other tricks out there to stop these damn squeaks. Id rather not try and hunt down a set of new seals, im sure theyre hard to find and expensive, and i really dont know if they would help or not. Thanks all.

-Chris

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

what are you using for the seals???

the best method i have found is to spray them down with silicone lubricant spray, then gob on a thick coating of silicone gel (dielectric grease)... let that sit for at least 20-30 min (the longer the better).... wipe off the excess leaving a thin coating

that keeps my roof silent for about a month or so

teamdelsol.com has a few how too articles

tightening the roof

lubing the seals

what honda has to say

3. b18c1civic97

b18c1civic97 Senior Member

I was a little embarrased to even ask, thanks I guess. :lol:

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

us sol owners gotta help eachother out :)

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

turn up the radio, or buy a louder exhaust
    ;D

6. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

Hahaha LOL thats exactly what I do! :lol:

7. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

thanks B, but i get a headache when the silencer is out for long trips :spin:

As for the seals, they are all stock. It seems more like the front pin is rattling around in its little home, and somehow thats causing a squeak. Like i said, it went away for a week after i tightened the mounts, should i just retighten it again and really HeMan those bolts on there? I lubed em a bit with some penetrating spray, that seemed to help a bit....maybe i should give that dielevtric a try next time.

i'll check out those sites tonight, but i gotta go food shopping :yeah: thanks guys

-Chris

8. cws13

cws13 Senior Member

Don't He-man anything you don't want to strip/stretch/break. Honda makes a thin tape that works to lubricate sunroof seals- never had to use it on a Sol though

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted