Del Sol owners!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Well, either a week or two ago, i tried the trick with loosening the mounting bolts, and then retightening them all to get rid of the squeaks/rattles in the roof. That worked for about a week, but now they are back again. Only in the right front corner of the roof though, same place as last time. I lubed up everything, but still i get this annoying damn squeak.

Im gonna retighten everything again in a week or so, but is there anything else i can, or any other tricks out there to stop these damn squeaks. Id rather not try and hunt down a set of new seals, im sure theyre hard to find and expensive, and i really dont know if they would help or not. Thanks all.

-Chris

what are you using for the seals???

the best method i have found is to spray them down with silicone lubricant spray, then gob on a thick coating of silicone gel (dielectric grease)... let that sit for at least 20-30 min (the longer the better).... wipe off the excess leaving a thin coating

that keeps my roof silent for about a month or so

teamdelsol.com has a few how too articles

tightening the roof

lubing the seals

what honda has to say

us sol owners gotta help eachother out :)

thanks B, but i get a headache when the silencer is out for long trips :spin:

As for the seals, they are all stock. It seems more like the front pin is rattling around in its little home, and somehow thats causing a squeak. Like i said, it went away for a week after i tightened the mounts, should i just retighten it again and really HeMan those bolts on there? I lubed em a bit with some penetrating spray, that seemed to help a bit....maybe i should give that dielevtric a try next time.

i'll check out those sites tonight, but i gotta go food shopping :yeah: thanks guys

-Chris

Don't He-man anything you don't want to strip/stretch/break. Honda makes a thin tape that works to lubricate sunroof seals- never had to use it on a Sol though

Back